“Not as good as I remembered”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mosquito Cafe

Mosquito Cafe
Ranked #7 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Not as good as I remembered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We have been here several times and I always stop when I'm in Galveston. I had the chicken salad sandwich that has a nice light tarragon mayo and the apple walnut salad. The croissant was great. The chicken salad was ok. The salad was very good. I guess I usually have breakfast here and that is extraordinary.

Dallas, Texas
“Very Good Local Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went for lunch while we were on vacation. I had a steak sandwich. It was very good. Everyone with me liked what they had. My mother said her Ruben was the best she ever had outside of NYC.

Midlothian,TX
“Fresh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We gave this local place a try and are glad we did. Sunday morning breakfast was delicious and homemade. You order at the counter. The Morning Glory muffin was wonderful as was the pancake, cheese grits, eggs and bacon. Stop by the bakery across the street. It's owned by the same family.

1 Thank suejoez
Houston, Texas, Usa
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I are long time travelers to Galveston. We've begun to explore our old haunts and check out the new places in Galveston. Some of the changes we've seen are not improvements, in our judgement. The Mosquito Cafe is a new place for us and it is just wonderful!

We are very big on breakfast and this is our kind of place. One year ago we dined there and found it to be the best breakfast we'd had in any restaurant in a very long time.

Come early, or you'll be standing on the street for a table. If you get there late, stay in line. It is worth the wait.

Yum!

• Visited August 2013
“Cute Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Nice spot with fresh food. Loved the chicken salad . The side salad was great, too. A good place to have lunch.