“My favorite in Galveston”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mosquito Cafe

Mosquito Cafe
Ranked #7 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“My favorite in Galveston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have eaten at Mosquito Cafe many times as I frequent Galveston a lot. I eat here EVERY time I visit. The food is quality with fresh ingredients, mostly healthy, but tasty. I also like the location and ambiance. If you can find a shady spot on the patio, it's nice too. My favorite restaurant in Galveston! Oh my, I almost forgot about the desserts they make in house. They are so delicious, it's ridiculous. Do not leave without ordering a dessert.

1 Thank Jlbonneaux

Seguin, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We heard good things about this place. We liked the food a lot. The inside seating is very limited, so we sat on the patio. If it was my place, I would screen in the patio. The flies were terrible and everyone just wanted to leave and bring our food back to the hotel. I was disappointed about that, because we were having such a great time.

1 Thank Sunshyne_Day
Altus, Oklahoma
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We wanted to go to a local place and since this had great reviews we decided to give it a try. The food was so-so, nothing spectacular. I wasn't impressed with the staff. When our meal was finished we weren't thanked or acknowledged. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and won't be going back.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank misjade
Houston, Texas
“Not as good as I remembered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We have been here several times and I always stop when I'm in Galveston. I had the chicken salad sandwich that has a nice light tarragon mayo and the apple walnut salad. The croissant was great. The chicken salad was ok. The salad was very good. I guess I usually have breakfast here and that is extraordinary.

Dallas, Texas
“Very Good Local Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went for lunch while we were on vacation. I had a steak sandwich. It was very good. Everyone with me liked what they had. My mother said her Ruben was the best she ever had outside of NYC.