“Absolutely PERFECT in EVERY WAY!”
Review of The Lasker Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galveston
The Lasker Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Galveston B&B and Inns
Santa Fe, Texas
“Absolutely PERFECT in EVERY WAY!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was married at this WONDERFUL Inn on June 14th...we chose to have Richard and Linda host us and our family for the entire weekend. I cannot possibly say enough about how incredible our weekend was...no stress, all FUN...EVERYONE says it was truly a "Fairy Tale" wedding. If I had known how absolutely perfect it would be, I would never had worried about a single detail. I cannot possibly explain what a great heart Richard and Linda have for what they do...just when I thought that it could not possibly be better, they would do something that made it even more so. Whether it be for a weekend retreat or the most important day/weekend of your life, I promise that you will not find a better place to make memories. The food is wonderful, the inn is beautiful...but Richard and Linda make it unforgettable. You cannot go wrong in selecting The Lasker. Thank you all so much...you all made our wedding feel like a dream come true!!

Room Tip: Three rooms have their own private bathrooms, three do not. However, they are all HUGE rooms...and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monifiddle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Palestine
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This place is fabulous. Everything was perfect. Our room had a separate sitting are and access to the veranda and it was huge. The breakfasts were wonderful. We felt like we were at home. The owners go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. I can't say enough good things about this place. We will be back!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank PalestineSusie
Dallas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Thank you so much Richard, Linda, and the staff at the Lasker Inn for providing a wonderful wedding weekend!!! We could not have asked for more. From the time we walked in to the time we left on Sunday we were made to feel this was our home. The accommodations, atmosphere, and hospitality was top notch. Thank you so much for making our special weekend extra special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Everything about our stay was absolutely perfect. The grand suite was breathtaking and Richard went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. Wouldn't change a thing and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone. Can't wait to go back one day!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mont Belvieu, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Thank you so much Linda, Richard and Toni for making us feel so at home and for allowing us to your first Scrapbooking group! We hope we can return for our fall retreat as well. The accomodations were excellent, the food was excellent and we were truly spoiled. Your attention to detail was outstanding and by the time we left, we felt like we were old friends.

If you are soon-to-be-bride I would definitely book the Lasker Inn - you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: All of the rooms were truly beautiful. (One more bath upstairs would be awesome though.)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I agree w/ the other reviews I've read " Absolutely Magical "
My Husband's Son and his Bride to be chose LASKER INN B & B for there Wedding Party/ Rehearsal Dinner.
We (my husband and I) decided to arrive a day early from the Houston area. I called Richard to ask could we check-in early. His Response was " of course ". Upon our arrival Richard met us at the entry and greeted us by names.
Right away we felt the comforts of being at an old friends home. Our rooms were spacious and comfortable (slept like a baby) :o) Family and Wedding Party had all access to Living/Dinning and Kitchen areas. LASKER INN B&B is not your typical.... ##itsjustmorehomey
We really never had to lift a finger unless we wanted to... Linda, Richard and their team made the Bride and Grooms special wk. end " Priceless ".
On Saturday & Sunday Our Breakfast were Delicious. And served promptly at 9:30am as requested by the Bride. Sooo much attention to detail.... Cocktails/Refreshments were provided also. Come and go, only to return to a refreshed room and amazing hospitality.
We would certainly recommend and return. And to end our fabulous stay Richard took some of us atop the roof to a deck, known as the Widows Walk and shared some Historical Knowledge about it and the 360 degree view of GALVESTON and THE GULF OF MEXICO.
It's very difficult to leave after being pampered all wk. end
An unforgettable, very memorable stay.........
Thanks to Richard, Linda and their team
The CHARBONNEAU'S
Cypress, TX

Room Tip: Next time we'll choose the Bridal Suite, it and the room across (our room) have there own bathro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 1CHARBONNEAU
Sachse, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

What can I say? A storybook...a fairytale...a journey to a bygone era. These are just some of the thoughts that come to mind when I think back on our recent "wedding weekend" at the Lasker Inn. We arrived on Friday afternoon to meet my wife's friend—the bride—and groom, and received a personalized check-in experience that included a tour of the expansive property. The high ceilings and exquisite decor instantly took my breath away. As the official wedding photographer, I had no trouble finding that ideal spot for the perfect shot of the happy couple. Richard and Linda give the kind of service that you don't find in chain hotels or other venues. Richard regularly checked on us to make sure we had everything we needed—he even hung out with us during our Friday night guitar and fiddle jam session! By the end of the trip we felt like Richard was part of the family. The bride and her family commented about how wonderfully the ceremony and reception turned out. Sunday morning was another great breakfast and relaxed check-out as no one was pressuring us to leave. This was my first wedding to photograph and I doubt there will ever be another experience like the Lasker Inn. I can't wait to get my photos online and share the beauty and grace of this timeless Galveston treasure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends