“Exceptional”
Review of The Lasker Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galveston
The Lasker Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Galveston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in the grand room. It was exceptional in all measures. Richard, the manager was a warm and thoughtful host, the room was exceptional, we felt completely at home for 3 days. We hope to return for another special time.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gwen D
Richard C, Manager at The Lasker Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Gwen,
It was such a pleasure to meet you and Jay! Thanks so much for allowing The Lasker to share your birthday weekend. We LOVE celebrating special occasions with our guests. However, you are now "Lasker Family" - I hope you will plan to return again soon. Wishing you a safe return home to South Carolina! Kindest regards, Richard

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This restored Victorian house is exceptionally appointed. Each guest is allowed complete run of the property. Each morning there is a great home cooked breakfast prepared by the owners. Guests are allowed access to an open bar. The location is within walking distance to the seawall and within close driving distance to The Strand. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone planning to come to Galveston. I can't imagine a more accommodating or luxurious experience.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Rclark7412
Richard C, Manager at The Lasker Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Mr. Clark,
It was a pleasure to have you and your wife Carmen here for the weekend. I was delighted to play host for your daughter, Alana's special graduation celebration with family. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, Ross will be a fine son-in-law. Enjoyed your son Aaron too. Although I am not the owner of The Lasker, I take great pride as the Manager, in making sure my guests have a spectacular "Lasker Experience." I hope to see you all again soon! Thanks so much for all your kind words! Richard Conner/Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was by far the best B&B experience I've ever had, and I've stayed in many all over the country. The hosts were so kind and welcoming, and it really did just feel like a home away from home. The breakfast was absolutely delicious, and Richard's suggestions for restaurants in the area made sure our other meals were scrumptious as well. I know I'll never be able to stay anywhere else on the Texas Coast... the Lasker has SPOILED us!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Chelsea M
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Lasker Inn is a beautiful throwback to a more elegant era! The lovingly restored property is absolutely amazing. We were vacationing with our kids and grandkids and had 3 rooms that made up a family suite! More room than my first apartment!!! Gorgeous details everywhere! Richard is a fabulous host, taking such good care of all of us. Turn down service every night along with fresh, fruit infused water at our bedside made us feel so spoiled! Snacks and drinks available to us in the evening hours while we played our family card games! Our breakfasts were scrumptious with quiche, bacon, sausage and fresh fruits galore! And we were personally served as though we were the only ones at the Inn. With fresh flowers all over the house and gentle music playing, the Lasker is a wonderfully inviting retreat that we will want to visit again!!! Thank you Richard and Linda!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JackandDotsNan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The property is beautiful, cleaner than any B&B I've visited, the staff and Richard and Linda will bend over backwards to make you happy, the food is delicious, the large rooms are amazing, there is free wi-fi, and I could go on. You will love The Lasker Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PinkZebra
Reviewed 24 July 2014

What a wonderful three night stay we experienced at this beautiful bed and breakfast! Our room had a separate sitting area with tv, and a wrap-around porch which overlooked the city. Fresh flowers upon arrival, and ice water, with fresh mint provided daily. Breakfasts consisted of delicious fresh fruit, yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, and granola, eggs in ham cups, biscuits, sausage, and homemade jelly! A great start to the day! Free access to the bar & fridge was an additional perk which we took advantage of. Location was a plus - we were without a vehicle, but walked to many of the sights, and Richard personally took us to the beach, and tour bus on two separate occasions. The beds and pillows were SO very comfortable - equal to home!. If you're contemplating where to stay, this is definitely the one to choose!

Room Tip: All rooms are quite unique - we stayed in The Palms & loved the separate living area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patti4
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was married at this WONDERFUL Inn on June 14th...we chose to have Richard and Linda host us and our family for the entire weekend. I cannot possibly say enough about how incredible our weekend was...no stress, all FUN...EVERYONE says it was truly a "Fairy Tale" wedding. If I had known how absolutely perfect it would be, I would never had worried about a single detail. I cannot possibly explain what a great heart Richard and Linda have for what they do...just when I thought that it could not possibly be better, they would do something that made it even more so. Whether it be for a weekend retreat or the most important day/weekend of your life, I promise that you will not find a better place to make memories. The food is wonderful, the inn is beautiful...but Richard and Linda make it unforgettable. You cannot go wrong in selecting The Lasker. Thank you all so much...you all made our wedding feel like a dream come true!!

Room Tip: Three rooms have their own private bathrooms, three do not. However, they are all HUGE rooms...and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple