“A Good Place for Fried Seafood”

Shrimp & Stuff Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 314 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Shrimp 'N Stuff Restaurant opened in 1976 and quickly became known as "the place where the locals love to eat." In these past 38 years we have had many guests visiting our fine city from across the U.S. who tell us they wished they had found Shrimp 'N Stuff the first day they arrived and assured us they will be back several times before they leave Galveston.
Houston, Texas, Usa
“A Good Place for Fried Seafood”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Don't expect to find baked, broiled, grilled, or blackened seafood here. If you like fried seafood and fried sides, etc. this is the place to go. Easy in and easy out, good parking and outside dining. Low prices, fast service and a local place that holds its own.

Portions are large, so be ready to eat when you go. Nothing fancy here, but good food done like a backyard gathering.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank James R S

Galveston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fried shrimp are pre-breaded,frozen, mass- produced”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

As someone who lives in Galveston, I am really distressed that Shrimp and Stuff serves the same pre-breaded,mass produced fried shrimp that you could probably get at a lot of restaurants far from the Gulf. Since Galveston is a tourist location, they can get away with this, and still have waiting lines. They are not the only Galveston restaurant that takes this short cut. I have tried their fried shrimp several times over the past few years before writing this, my first and only(so far) Galveston restaurant review. It is pathetic to pay good money for the flat tasteless product poured from a sack or box. Fresh shrimp are expensive.We are lucky in Galveston to have excellent fishmongers like
Katie's on the wharf where we can buy them to cook ourselves. If we want to go to a restaurant to
get "fresh"fried shrimp, we have to be very careful, and prepared to pay more than you might think.
I'm sure there are many high end restaurants that serve the fresh caught shrimp..I don't go to many
of those. But, my experience from the many years I have been eating fried shrimp in Galveston is
that I have always been served freshly caught shrimp at Gaido's. (current price- $ 18.00 for fried
shrimp dinner). Gaido's is white tablecloth service, and a bit "overdone" with service for modern times- but better that than underdone. Their fish dishes are fresh. Sorry,Shrimp and Stuff.

than underdone !

1 Thank John N
Colleyville, Texas
“Fried fried. Fried”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Ok, I will start with the idea that my party wanted seafood, did not want a chain restaurant, and wanted easy parking. Pretty much everything was fried. Very casual atmosphere. There was an outside area to sit. It was fast food , but freshly prepared. The cole slaw was the best thing on the menu. I guess if you want fried fish, you have it. Only tilapia . So, my dinner companions were happy, I got chicken strips. Something I would have only seen a kid order normally. So, it gets a weak recommendation. Lots of locals.

Killeen, Texas
“Was highly recommended...enjoyed!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Went for lunch because it was recommended by some friends. Not near the ocean or harbour, but in a neighborhood, which I like these kind of hideaway places. Packed when we got there, packed when we left...so we knew it was good. Was very good, but it is your guilty fried food that your going to get. Enjoyed very much and will go back.

Kansas City
“Fried food in a paper basket”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We ordered fried shrimp- came with a roll, hush puppies, & fries. The shrimp was burnt, but edible. Also ordered catfish filets & a chicken fried steak po -boy. It was filling & okay for fried food in a paper basket. It's 8 blocks off the Seawall, so a bit out if the way & parking is around to the side of the building.tables are packed in the dining room. Not cheap, but just okay.