“A pleasant surprise!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

It looks rough around the edges, but overall pretty good. Being a first timer, a young gal at the counter helped me order. She suggested the stuffed potato. It was delicious! The place is priced right, but why do you have to pay extra for sauce? I didn't have any, but the stuffed potato didn't need it. I would go definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Queen's Barbecue

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I don't usually think about barbeque when I think of beach dining. I typically think of sub sandwiches and fish tacos. We passed by Queens during our trip and decided to eat there on our last day for lunch. I had the chopped beef sandwich, which was smothered in barbeque sauce. I love my food with lots of sauce, so I loved my sandwich. I had a few bites of my wife's chopped beef baked potato and it was excellent. The service was good and the atmosphere was what you would expect from a small barbeque joint in Texas. We sat outside to enjoy the sun and sea air. I will be back on my next trip to Galveston. Go there and love it!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I grew up eating BBQ. I know great. I know good. I know mediocre. And I know bad. Queen's was good. (Definitely way better than anything I could ever find in Dallas.) I had the pork. It was smoked just right and the sauce was good. The problem is I like extra sauce. I am used it being on the table. I also like pickles, onions, and jalapenos with my BBQ. Queens will let you have pickles and onions, but charges for the extra sauce and jalapeno. They also charge for sides, although the cream corn with green peppers was very tasty.

Having to pay for items I believe should be included with BBQ soured the experience somewhat. I was also disappointed in the help behind the counter. Galveston is really a friendlier place than they would have you believe.

1  Thank MellowTraveler_423
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Good smoke flavor in the beef, pork, chicken and big baked potatoes. Side dishes very good. crowded during lunch hours.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stopped by for labor day weekend but every trip to Galveston means a trip to Queens, especially after a long day on the beach! Try their chopped brisket loaded baked potato for one amazing spud! Their creamed corn and bbq baked beans are so good my mouth is watering. Pork ribs are always tender and we often pick up their chopped brisket sandwiches and sweet potato fries for a great lunch on the beach. The atmosphere is family friendly and rustic, you can go in with your flip flops and sun tans for some great Texas BBQ! Next time I'm definitely trying the turkey Cliffhanger sandwich because the reviews on it are endless!

1  Thank SaltwaterMama