“Wonderful seafood lunch”
Review of Fisherman's Wharf

Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #15 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I love grilled trout and this place did it right. We stopped for lunch while touring and shopping in Galveston. Wonderful seafood for all of us. Service was delightful. We ate on the outdoor deck on a lovely day. What more could you want? Cocktails were delicious. We will return.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We have learned a few tricks for eating out with lots of littles- one is to try for an earlier dinner. We showed up at Fisherman's around 4:30 and they gave us the best seating in the place! On the second floor with a great view looking over the bay. The boys loved it. They were extremely nice to the kids which is always important to us. The waitress was very accommodating with our food allergies (we have a few gluten issues) and went and asked the chef about some of the dishes. The fondue and all cream sauces are thickened with flour so we avoided those. I had the fresh market salad and the smoked salmon on it was excellent! Hubby had the fish and chips and said they were good. Our oldest son (9) is a foodie and ordered the shrimp and lobster rolls (no gluten issues with him) and loved them. Gluten intolerant son (age 6) got a loaded baked potatoe and enjoyed that. The kitchen was a bit slow - bringing half the meal at one point and took quite awhile to get the other half. The kids dessert (ice cream) took a good while to come (about 20 minutes). We did enjoy the view very much and the waitstaff was great! The manager walked around asking everyone about their meals and visiting with the customers.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews between Willie G's and Fisherman's I decided to go with Fisherman's. The ambience and location is wonder!!!! We read so many reviews about the Shrimp kisses, of course I was got them. Reviews stated, "don't let the jalapeño's scare you"! I did not taste any jalapeños!! However, they were WONDERFUL!!! And I highly recommend them. I ordered the $26.00 ultimate crab cake and my hubby got the fried oysters. The oysters? Maybe... six on the plate and my husband said they were ok. My $26.00 crab cake could have been outstanding, but was such a let down. It was luke warm at best! and needed more sauce on the topping ( there was none!). It was good, but I was disappointed because it had the potential to be amazing!!!!! A semi warm crab cake..... Disappointing.
Each of us reviewers have different experiences. Mine, I just think this place could be incredible!!!! Tonight? Not worth my $100.00 bill. Do I recommend it? Not sure.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The deck setting is wonderful. . .right on the water. The grilled redfish was delicious, and the nightly specials offered were also good. It doesn't get any better: sitting outside with a warm breeze at the end of October, eating a nice meal with friends, and sipping on drinks. I may have to go back and change my rating to 5 circles!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

On the quayside, overlooking the harbor. Really good food, reasonable (not cheap) prices. Will definitely be going back when we return to Galveston.