“Delicious!”
Review of Fisherman's Wharf

Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #14 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First, I had the sour appletini...it was great and then ordered the calamari for appetizer...also pretty good. I ordered the stuffed flounder and it was perfect. Our waiter was very attentive and he did a great job. Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank emcausey
Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Husband and I ate here for the first time. The atmosphere was casual and great for families and groups as well as couples. We got immediate seating on a Sunday night dinner hour. Was seated inside with water view upon request. Had the shrimp kisses app. Very yummy. I had grilled shrimp with veggies and rice pilaf. Everything on the plate was good and fresh. My husband had the fried shrimp plate and had no complaints. Will go back again.

1  Thank Christen F
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is such a great location but the food is so terribly average. If they kicked it up a bit, they'd have a real gem

1  Thank CAtrkr
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We drove about 6 hours that day to get to Galveston with 3 kids under the age of 11, and had checked into the condo and carried our bags up. Needless to say we were tired and hungry when we hit the restaurant which was recommended by the guy checking us in at the condo.

This place is not the "hole in the wall, mom and pop" type place that I sometimes like to look for when we vacation. That being said they didn't mind that we were in our traveling clothes (shorts and t-shirts). We sat outside on the deck near the water which was perfect for the kids who were seeing mermaids and dolphins and all types of creatures in the water after a long drive. It was a warm muggy night but they had plenty of fans to keep the air moving.

We started with the fried calamari appetizer which was devoured in a few minutes. Our kids loved it and it was flavorful and tender. The wife and I split a mixed platter of seafood that had crab cakes, grilled fish and grilled shrimp and veggies over rice. It was very good and enough for sharing. The only thing my wife didn't like was the crab cakes, but I thought they were OK. They were a different consistency. Not as flaky as others we've had but they tasted good.

I have to say I was impressed with the size and quality of the kids meals. A cheeseburger meal that was a full sized burger, a fried fish meal with a full sized filet and a shrimp and fries meal that fed the 6 year old and left some shrimp to share with the others. We took half the burger and some fries from the shrimp meal in a to go box and they ate them the next day. We eat out with the kids a lot and it's not often that we take home food from kids meals that gets devoured the next day.

I had two top shelf margaritas and the wife had two beers (long drive). Both were satisfying and welcome on such a warm night

The server was attentive and patient with the kids and our meals came out in a timely fashion allowing us to relax between mermaid sightings. He validated our parking without us having to ask and applied the value of the free appetizer coupon to the calamari instead of the other choices we had. I think this is standard practice but it is nice that he offered and we didn't have to ask.

All told we spent $104 with tip so it was a good value for the meal and the drinks. We will definitely return to Fisherman's Wharf.

1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We went on a Saturday evening in July expecting to wait so 30 minutes wasn't too bad. Margaritas on rocks really exceptional, helped with wait (no call ahead seating available). Galveston Trio appetizer is amazing (more than enough for two). Meal was ok. Dessert was very good (pecan pie with a warm caramel sauce).

We live on coast so waterview isn't a big deal but the patio is nice and the view of the Alyssa (18th century merchant ship) was cool.

Service was attentive. Price fair.

1  Thank Jeanna B