“The Real Deal”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Galveston, Texas
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

La Estacion is a small, family-run café with outstanding Mexican food for lunch and--my favorite!--breakfast. Their breakfast plates of eggs (in various styles like migas or a la Mexicana, with peppers), bacon and potatoes come with the softest flour tortilla ever. It's like a Southern biscuit and a tortilla had a love child, if a love child could be rolled up around a big scoop of huevos a la Mexicana. Good salsa, bustling service, nice daily specials for lunch.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank ironista

Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh dear oh dear!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Absolutely disgusting! Surprise ! The best thing I had at this place was my dr pepper, that came in a can!!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone., what the hell was in the salt shaker? It's hot, with flies landing on and around you, the server was short with us, she brought menudo to my table,haha, surprise again, I'm surprised this place is still open for business.

• Visited July 2014
“Gone down hill”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

6/26/2013. Ten years ago this was a great place! Hand made tortillas, great food and crowded at lunch. We went in with great memories but were very disappointed. At lunch there were only 2 tables occupied when we went in. Warning! We ordered and got stale bagged chips and nondescript salsa. I had beef enchiladas that were cold (how did they melt the cheese?) with beans that tasted burnt. My wife had a tostada that was stale and a chicken enchilada with cooked celery inside!
This was a great hole in the wall Tex/Mex place with great food 10 years ago. We did not even finish our meal and went to Sonic so we could make it to diner. Stay away

Visited June 2013
Dallas, TX
“Good "off the beaten path" breakfast”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We wanted to escape the touristy-zone of the Seawall and headed here for breakfast.
The food was good. The tortillas are HUGE, making the breakfast tacos/burritos really big. My daughter's was only $3 and I thought she might want two. Thank goodness we waited to order a 2nd since she didn't even finish the first one. I had Migas and my husband had the Big Breakfast platter. It was all really good and relatively cheap.

Staff was very pleasant. It is a good place to go when you are tired of the crowds and the expense of the Seawall part of Galveston.

• Visited July 2013
Galveston Island, Texas
“Authentic with a Hispanic home style atmosphere.”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff make up what I assume to be a family run Mexican restaurant. Great prices on very tasty food. Breakfast is always amazing! Check it out!

• Visited February 2013