“Good Mexican food.”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friends think this is the best Mexican food in Galveston. I like it but think it's over rated. It is worth a meal but is on the far east end of the island.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Was not as good as I remembered from last year. Margarita was not as good and too pricey. Beer was not cold enough, old lime slice served on top. Food was just ok, price was fine. Chili con queso dip was not tasty. Chips were good.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our first mexican cafe in Texas and it spoiled us for the rest of the trip. We ate at several after this experience and none compared to this. The food was outstanding and plentiful. Too plentiful at times! Two of my friends orders took two full plates. We thought there had been an error!
The place is buzzing but the waiter we had was extraordinary. He took drink orders and food orders from 6 of us with no notes. Several of us had some changes but this waiter brought everything back exactly as ordered and to the right people and presented a very very reasonable bill to each of the couples in the exact amount. Amazing recall. Could I give a 6 for service??
My tip would be to eat here first and don't go anywhere else or save this one for your last night so the best is saved for last. I prefer option one and will go back next time I am in town and often.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Original is a wonderful place to eat if your in Galveston, Texas. I've tried many mexican restaurants in the area, and nothing beats the price and flavor.
I highly recommend!!

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We love mexican food and found this one on TripAdvisor so we gave it a try! It was everything we hope to be expected. The salsa, guacamole, enchiladas, margaritas, and my kids had chicken strips that were also good. We're very picky about our mexican food and this was one of our best restaurants we have been too.

1  Thank crown9