“Two Strikes, I'm out” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“Two Strikes, I'm out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Two visits... two horrible meals. First time about 3 months ago my wife had a "Gordita" which loosely translated usually means "Fat Tortila". This one was one dried out, scrawny, semi-crunchy mess which fell apart at the first bite. Jack has much better tacos for 1/10 the price. The Shrimp Queso Fundido was ok; except it had too much yellow cheese instead of the usual white cheese. This weekend 3/17 I was in the mood for some Menudo and decided to give them a second chance... bad idea. The price on the menu is not the one they charge you. They charged me extra for 1 extra tortilla; a full order extra. Water was poured in our tea. The waitress was a scatter brain. Menudo tasted ok; but 1/2 of it was bones and solid fat. Customers were complaining about bad service left and right, and the pace was mostly empty. The restrooms are nasty but the tables were mostly kept neat. I wish I could give it a 1/100 of a star. Stay away, go to fast food down the street,

• Visited March 2013

Lake Jackson Texas, USA
“dog food would probably taste better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I ordered the supreme nachos, the Botana for one, and my daughter ordered the Milanesa. NONE of these dishes were good. The meat was old and re-cooked. The fajitas didn't taste like they were fajitas at all. I was going to be rude and complain to get my money back but didn't have the heart to do so. Never will go there again. The hour ride home I was nauseaus, and am still belching that horrible food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
austin
“The tortillas alone make it worth a visit!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Breakfast was cheap and pretty good. For the price it is probably above average. No complaints, and would return again.

Visited November 2012
Rochester, Minnesota
“Food was authentic but a bit bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

The place looked really neat in an old building with Mexican decor. The menu was huge. The place had regulars that seemed to all know eachother. The food was all scratch made and was authentic Mexican but it was a bit bland. I don't think I would go back.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank jmaes21
Houston, Texas
“Our Galveston breakfast stop, always.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

We visit Galveston very frequently and on our way out we stop here for breakfast burritos. Always. Very authentic Mexican atmosphere, surroundings, and food. It's a small restaurant not a chain so if your expecting that, you may not enjoy. We love the food. Ppl are always nice and the owner is there and does help around asking how service/food is. Truly reminds us of our vacations to Mexico. Visit them!

• 5 of 5 bubbles