“Great Shrimp”

Ranked #5 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our beach front location and fresh fare makes Miller's Seawall Grill a Galveston favorite for locals and visitors alike. While we prepare meals, our guests relax and enjoy the atmosphere and views. Our full menu is available all day. We offer traditional American breakfast favorites like French toast, omelettes, waffles, pancakes and steak and eggs. We also serve sandwiches, po-boys, burgers, salads, soup and gumbo. Miller's also serves traditional entrees, like chicken fried steak, ribeye steaks, chicken, liver&onions and pork n stuffing.Enjoy our seafood selection of: shrimp, oysters, flounder, snapper, salmon, lump crab. Our bar serves beer and wine, along with our signature bloody mary, margaritas and mimosas. Miller's also offers takeout.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was told the fish were frozen but that the Shrimp were fresh.
they were great! Good Family spot, a little noisy, but has a view of the Gulf.

donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I appreciate your recommendation! From our tasty shrimp to the pretty views, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed a great meal with us. Next time you're in Galveston -- I hope you'll keep us in mind! I'd love the opportunity to earn that extra star.

Kindly,

There are newer reviews for Miller's Seawall Grill

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stumbled on Miller's on a rainy day. The food was very good, the service was outstanding. The staff were all friendly and helpful and appeared to enjoy working there. The grilled shrimp was very good, as were the sautéd green beans, but the giant slice of key lime pie was better than I have ever had - even in the Keys.

We will definitely stop back.

donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thanks so much, TJH61! I'm glad you had the chance to stop by recently, and I'm happy to read that everything from the service to the food really hit the mark. It sounds like the Key lime pie was a favorite -- I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the team in the kitchen. Next time you get the craving, I hope you'll come and see us!

Best,

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Good but not great, gumbo is tasty but full of sausage, not so much seafood. Hard to find seafood selections on menu that aren't fried, but then it's on the seawall. $ 2.89 for iced tea cost a point in this review. View is constant traffic in front of the beach which is ok if that's your thing.

It's truly disheartening to read this review, Gary, as it's far from the impression we usually leave on our guests. That said, I'm hoping that we can address your concerns and have you return for the 5-star meal so many have enjoyed with us.

When it comes to our gumbo, I do apologize if our ingredients weren't clearly stated. That said, classic gumbo has seafood, but is heavier on sausage for the flavor and heartiness of the dish. As far as options that aren't fried, our menu (which is also online) states that all seafood can be prepared on a flat grill with butter or fried. So we do, in fact, have plenty of entrees for those wishing to skip fried food.

If you have any other concerns, please fee free to reach out to me. Like I said, we always want to impress our guests and I know we are capable of providing you with a 5-star experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We've eaten here many times. My favorites include the plate lunch and dinner specials, the pot roast is excellent, the chicken breast is always done perfectly, best liver and onions in town...be sure to ask for the homemade dinner rolls, they melt in your mouth. The fried shrimp are lightly breaded and always tasty. I've ordered breakfast for dinner the last 2 trips here and the pancakes were HUGE ! and fluffy. The service was fast and friendly. Our waiter tonight was Timmy, he was prompt, knowledgeable, and friendly. I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner here and always have a good experience.

2  Thank 406richs
donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Comments like these just make our day! Thank you for taking the time to share such a heartwarming recommendation, Rich. From the post roast to the dinner rolls, I'm happy to hear you always enjoy your meals with us. Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of serving you again soon! Our door's always open.

Cheers,

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The food and service were excellent. I recommend the grilled shrimp. The burgers are good for those who shy away from seafood.

Excellent food and service? Sounds like we are doing something right! I appreciate your support, Jared. Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Take care,