“Fantastic service and meal!”

Yaga's Tropical Cafe
Ranked #42 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Jamaican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a wonderful meal (shrimp burger and salmon sandwich) with friendly service. My husband deemed it the best complete meal at reasonable prices and good for the kids too!

There are newer reviews for Yaga's Tropical Cafe

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My friend and I enjoyed our meal here so much that we went back the next day! The strawberry cider salad was amazing - fresh, tasty, beautiful. The drinks were excellent as well. Our servers were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We ate here while visiting the Strand. Food was very average, setting was cute with a tropical feel. The host was rude to my husband but the wait staff was nice. Prices like you would expect in a tourist area. We will choose something else next time.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We ate here 4 years ago and I remembered it being good food at a good price. I wasn't disappointed this time either. The menu is not what you would find at Subway! They have sandwiches ,soups, burgers, seafood, and salads. The atmosphere reminded me of little cafes we visited in Russia. It was a skinny old store (bank maybe?) that they converted into multiple levels for dining. They also have a small courtyard outside that is great when it's not too hot. The waitress was very nice and I think it was the same one we had when we came before. Our group of seven ordered almost every item there was to order and everyone enjoyed what they had. We will definitely go there again for lunch next time we visit the Strand!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We had a table of 9 including kids and adults and everyone had something to find and love. The fried jalapeños were made here and not simply frozen and fried; they were quite spicy and tasty. Same with the appetizer crab cakes; two per order and almost no filler - just chunks of crab and spices - just great.

For main courses we had a couple orders of fried shrimp (with two sides each). Gumbo was hearty, salads had a good portion of chicken. Jaco tacos were great too, but a little on the small side - no worries as there were plenty of uneaten shrimp to fill up the stomach.

We return every trip to Galveston and glad it's still here.