“Atmosphere and Service Wonderful”

Willie G's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Willie G's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 320 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Saturday during Memorial Day weekend we took a 1 hour drive to Galveston and strolled the strand for a seafood dining experience and decided on Willie G's Seafood, not having been there before. 2 of us arrived about 1:30pm, no crowd and asked for a view of the pier inside. Waiter was attentive and charming; Bloody Mary and Mimosa were well made. Shared the house salad which was large and filled with many fresh ingredients. Entree was fried shrimp and stuffed shrimp with fries which were very tasty. The batter was not what I expected and a bit thicker than I preferred. Next time I will try something from the grill. For 2 lunch with 2 cocktails, tax, tip was $80.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We ordered raw oysters and they were pasteurized, never order again. I ordered grilled flounder and they served me blackened something else. My wife order lobster bisque and salad. The bisque was grainy from too much flour but had large chunks of lobster but not good bisque, probably the worse we ever had.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Ince waiter found out the food I was craving he found a special that suited me. Changed the sauce for my entree and the dressing for salad with no hesitation or extra charge. Definitely "fine dining" in Galveston. My suggestion, if you have a problem with seagulls, wind and heat, then don't ask for patio seating. My afternoon dining experience was just what I expected. Delicious and "relaxed formal"!!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here on the patio. If you sit outside watch out for the gulls. One landed on my husbands plate as they delivered it. After a new order we ate. I had the Asian red snapper special. Umm! My husband had the Del Mar that was so so. Service was attentive.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went there for our 18th wedding Anniversay. The was greeted warmly before I even told him anyhing. Was seated looking out on Galveston Channel. Had a really great lunch. he waite staff was exellent. Top notch service. Great Food