“'Stop' Don't....” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandpiper RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galveston
Sandpiper RV Resort
Lafayette, Louisiana
“'Stop' Don't....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2007

make that mistake. This motel is very old...and it SHOWS. The walls have mold on it...trash behind the television, the frig. in the room don't work, carpet stained, small rooms but to top it all the workers are very, very rude. They act as tho you (the customer) are not important. Yes its the only motel on the beach ,but all the other hotels are only just across the street...sooo read into all this and pass up this hotel... TRUST ME....

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — All of It
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank gcboutte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2007

We stayed at the sandpiper for 4 nights in June. It was dirty, dirty dirty.

The air conditioner is mounted above the door so we had to climb on a chair to adjust it. It was very noisy.

The windows were not cleaned so we couldn't really see the beach. My husband cleaned it after a rain.

The bathroom floor was filthy. I agree with other posters that the management can't be bothered. When I mentioned the floor needed cleaning, she stated it was stained. I explained to her that I had scrubbed part of it, so I knew it was dirt.

They don't use fitted sheets, and it is hard to keep the sheets tucked in when we slept. They were stained and old.

We called management when we got locked out of our room on the balcony. They were not there, They also do not answer the phone at night when we had a noise complaint.

Rooms are not cleaned until after one.

TV Cable only works on some channels.

For the price, we could have stayed at a lot of different places. I wish we would have stayed somewhere else. I have stayed at alot of different hotels/motels in Galveston and this is by far the worst.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — all of it
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NancyTexas

Travellers are raving about these Galveston hotels

texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2007

I stayed at the Sandpiper Motel for one night over Memorial Day weekend. I am a travel agent and have stayed in the good, bad and ugly, but never anything this terrible. There were holes in the ceiling, the floors, and the walls. I watched the paint actively chip from the walls while we were in the room. The beds were on their last leg and had no mattress covers and dirty sheets. The towels had black fingerprints all over them and the biggest towels they provide in the room is a hand-towel...no bath towels whatsoever. The bar soap on the sink had been used and re-wrapped. The 3 hangers in the room were rusted so badly they wouldn't move. We showered with our shoes on due to filth and during my shower the showerhead flew completely off. Even with all of the maintenance and housekeeping issues needing to be addressed, I actually witnessed a maintenance man washing his own vehicle windshield while on duty. The staff is rude and unhelpful. When I checked in a key and remote were handed to me and no words spoken. I had to ask what room number we were in, where to go, what the extra $5 on my bill was for (key deposit) and never did I get a friendly word or smile. The place is in such bad disrepair that I believe it could qualify to be condemned. I will make sure to tell my clients to NEVER stay at this motel due to safety and health concerns. I also plan to contact Galveston authorities about what kind of inspections have been done and see who should be appointed to investigate the condition of this motel. I have always been able to find somehting decent to say about anywhere I've stayed, even the dives. Not this time. The management/owners should be ASHAMED.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank astrasl
Beldenville, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2006

I have stayed at this motel a couple of times, and it is pretty much a dive. It is moldy, and buggy, but it is on the beach in South Texas, after all. I used it for convenience. I WILL NOT STAY THERE EVER AGAIN. I was ROBBED there just last night. My friends and I took a cab to downtown Galveston to try to find night life, and when we returned, our room had been broken into and thousands of dollars in valuables had been stolen. The night clerk was gone, and I was unable to find anyone in the morning, either, and they will not answer the phone. I have not been able to speak to the management or ownership, OR ANYONE about my experience (except the police).

Stayed October 2006
10 Thank rennietraveller
piperlady, General Manager at Sandpiper RV Resort, responded to this review, 20 November 2006
In the 5 days following this unfortunate and unusual incident we spoke with the guest 2 times and refunded his money in full. Desk clerks are instructed to give my email address and all written requests are responded to promptly.
Southwest Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2006

Date: August 22, 2006
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor Member, Southwest Louisiana, USA

We have just returned from our annual weekend at the Sandpiper Motel in Galveston, Texas. I would say this is the best motel / location, we have ever stayed at on vacations. The motel is easy to find and, as always, we experienced another wonderful getaway. It was so great that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the motel to go to the usual fun of shopping on "The Strand."

The covered parking space keeps your car cool and protected and there is NO charge for parking. The Sandpiper Motel is RIGHT ON STEWART BEACH. It is most convenient to any place you want to go on the island. If you want to mix a little convenience with the odd trips and siteseeing, then this motel is an absolute must.

Our room had a king sized bed, refrigerator and microwave oven as well as the usual aminities. The motel lounge is spacious, comfortable and friendly. The managers were patient, friendly and helpful. We strolled out our door onto the beach with its own souvineer shop and snack bar.

In fact we didn't bother with the regular siteseeing and museums in Galveston, we went shopping. It rained and we got caught in it. Though we didn't know this was the beginning of a "flashflood," it was interesting to see what happens in a flashflood. Cars parked on side streets with water up tp the hoods. Shop workers throwing buckets of water out of their establishments into the streets and meeting you at the door with mops and wetvacs in their hands. They welcomed you into their establishments and were all so friendly and helpful. Business went on as usual.

We enjoyed the ice cream and home-made candy bistros, picked up a few camping essentials at the Army Surplus Store and popped into unique little specialty shops where we found the nicest items. We didn't even have to miss our regular latte.........it was there at Starbucks. We went to mass at the most beautiful old church, Sacred Heart Church. The restaurants are great. After such busy trips, we couldn't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the motel and fun on the beach.

Then looked forward to the fun short ferry trip and coastline shops on the way home.

• Liked — LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
  • Disliked — CAN'T SAY...........WE JUST LOVE THIS PLACE
  • Tips/Secrets — CONVENIENTLY LOCATED: NEARBY DRUGSTORE, RESTAURANTS, SOUVENIR SHOP AND ETC.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank CajunGayle
Keller, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2006

I will not stay at this hotel again. The front desk was not helpful at all. When we arrived at our room the mosquitos attacked. It was bad. Then when we entered our room it was very dirty. The bathroom had not been cleaned and there were not towels. The towels that we were finally given were the size of a hand towel. The sheets and the pillow cases were stained..............It was very gross. We were told we only had 15 minutes to check our room. When we went to call the phone was pulled out of the wall and there was no way to call the front desk. The lock on the door was not safe either. You could tell the room had not been cleaned in a while. We found things on the floor. Also there were no ice machines or coke machines. All in all I will never stay in the hotel again. It was too dirty.

• Stayed July 2006
8 Thank Mary W
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2006

I am not a picky person when it comes to motels. But this was the worst.
Starting with the front desk. We had to pay upfront for the whole weekend then we only had 15 minutes to change our mind.
We were given 4 hand towels no bath towels, phone didn't work, room was filthy. Bathroom had hair in the tub, floor had dead bugs on it. In the room we found panties, drug baggies(empty), sheets were stained and we had a bungee cord to lock the door. When we complained about all this they were saying oh well your 15 minutes is up.
We were infested with mosquitos, no ice machines, coke machine was not working.
You would think for $230 for the weekend it would've been a little cleaner. Only thing good about it was how close we were to the beach. We still had a great time in Galveston we just stayed out of the room the whole time.
DO NOT RENT from this motel