“Excellent drinks and food”

Nick's Kitchen and Beach Bar
Ranked #10 of 311 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Bar
Good for: Kids, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Excellent drinks and food”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

It's a great value. Their portions are huge, and the drinks are very good. It's a nice lunch environment.

Visited February 2014

HOUSTON, TX
“Happy hour & dinner overlooking the Gulf”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stopped in to have an early dinner & drinks. Wanted a view of the water. Got a table on the patio overlooking the Gulf. Service was excellent, food & drinks were good and reasonably priced. The restaurant was older and a bit shabby inside, but it was clean! Good value, great service!

Visited April 2014
Grapevine, Texas
“Great food!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We went to Nick's after it was recommended by some locals at a museum we were visiting. They said that it's the same food/kitchen as Giado's (the fancier restaurant next door), but that it was much more reasonably priced. I don't know if it's the same kitchen, but the food was wonderful. The wait staff was also very attentive.

Expect to spend $15-30 per person for dinner.

1 Thank Newlywed952010
Fort Worth, Texas
“Definitely a keeper”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went to the Island for the first time for a short weekend Getaway. The hotel Concierge recommended the restaurant next door, but we went into Nick's instead since it looked more casual and that's what we were going for that night. We sat at the bar and service was quick and friendly. Joe was our Bartender and the drinks were very good. I had the Sea Breeze and Joe mixed it up perfect. Food was very good, but I did a little recon on this place on Tripadvisor and the buzz seem to be on the Fried Oreos. So I saved room for dessert and wow......am I glad I did! I never finish dessert so I always like to share with my dinner companion. When the dish came out we looked at each other and said...."there's no way we are going to finish this." Well, we were dead wrong! This stuff is the best ever and it is like a little piece of heaven, but sinful too. We loved the food, drinks, dessert and atmosphere so much that we came back the next night which was Sunday. Oysters were like $8 for a dz and we tried a different dish from the night before and it was delish. No dessert this time and after dinner Joe was kind enough to recommend B. Jiggers for two ladies looking to do a little dancing. My only peeve would be that on Sunday, Tim was our Bartender and while he was super awesome our drinks were not the same. Kinda had to get him to tweak mine a bit. Definitely coming back on my next visit.

Dallas,TX
“Stuffed Flounder”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

On my way back to Dallas me and my daughter decided to have lunch first at Nick's Kitchen & Beach Bar which was Casey's used to be, ( this restaurant is the same as it was but only owned by a different member of the family named Nick i was told ) where food was much more better this time to my surprise than the last tme i was here. I ordered stuffed flounder which me and my daughter shared, becuase it is huge. We enjoyed it very much. I will be back again for sure and will definitely recommend Nick's Kitchen & Beach to anyone looking for good food anf for their dining pleasure. If i may add, ask for this hard working, very attentive and friendly server named VIRGINIA!!!