“Lunch”

Ranked #11 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Sat at the bar and our bartender was very nice, he told us about the oysters on the half shell special...and they were wonderful and ice cold. then we ordered our entrée Do not order the fish and chips they are horrible...fried shrimp were ok....next day had the Mahi Mahi and it was wonderful...service is great...Good clean restaurant with a great pool side bar..happy hour is wonderful with the 5buck specials on some apps...

Reviewed 9 May 2014

It's a great value. Their portions are huge, and the drinks are very good. It's a nice lunch environment.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stopped in to have an early dinner & drinks. Wanted a view of the water. Got a table on the patio overlooking the Gulf. Service was excellent, food & drinks were good and reasonably priced. The restaurant was older and a bit shabby inside, but it was clean! Good value, great service!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We went to Nick's after it was recommended by some locals at a museum we were visiting. They said that it's the same food/kitchen as Giado's (the fancier restaurant next door), but that it was much more reasonably priced. I don't know if it's the same kitchen, but the food was wonderful. The wait staff was also very attentive.

Expect to spend $15-30 per person for dinner.

1  Thank Newlywed952010
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went to the Island for the first time for a short weekend Getaway. The hotel Concierge recommended the restaurant next door, but we went into Nick's instead since it looked more casual and that's what we were going for that night. We sat at the bar and service was quick and friendly. Joe was our Bartender and the drinks were very good. I had the Sea Breeze and Joe mixed it up perfect. Food was very good, but I did a little recon on this place on Tripadvisor and the buzz seem to be on the Fried Oreos. So I saved room for dessert and wow......am I glad I did! I never finish dessert so I always like to share with my dinner companion. When the dish came out we looked at each other and said...."there's no way we are going to finish this." Well, we were dead wrong! This stuff is the best ever and it is like a little piece of heaven, but sinful too. We loved the food, drinks, dessert and atmosphere so much that we came back the next night which was Sunday. Oysters were like $8 for a dz and we tried a different dish from the night before and it was delish. No dessert this time and after dinner Joe was kind enough to recommend B. Jiggers for two ladies looking to do a little dancing. My only peeve would be that on Sunday, Tim was our Bartender and while he was super awesome our drinks were not the same. Kinda had to get him to tweak mine a bit. Definitely coming back on my next visit.