“Excellent food, service and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Number 13

Number 13
Reserve with OpenTable
Number 13 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent food, service and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had an evening meal, on a weekday, there with a large group that were in town for a meeting. The service was very good for a large group and the atmosphere was very relaxed. Nice view of the marina.

Everyone that I spoke to from our group had a great meal, varying from steaks to seafood. I had a steak and it was excellent.

I would go there again.

• Visited July 2014

Galveston, Texas
“Bad food, bad service, flies everywhere”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were excited when we read there was a new gourmet restaurant in Galveston. We decided to try Number 13 for a late lunch on a weekday. We were very impressed with the decor and nice touches in the restaurant. We got there about 1:30, and there were only 3 or 4 tables occupied. Once seated, it took awhile before our order was taken. It took even longer for our food to come. I ordered the Octopus which was a very complex fusion of tastes. If prepared correctly, I think it would have been good, but most of it was overcooked and very dry, with some pieces so hard I couldn’t chew them. My husband ordered the special 3 course lunch. The chowder was lukewarm and ok, but nothing special. The steak was inedible. One end of it was overcooked and very chewy, and the other was raw--on the same piece of meat! The dessert was ok, as well, but again, nothing special. The worst part were the flies that buzzed us the entire time. I couldn’t wait to get out of there!

Visited July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Probably isn't going to Survive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I generally like to wait at least 6 months before reviewing a restaurant. But since we were already staying in the Pelican Rest Marina, we dined there a couple of times during their first couple of weeks. It’s a beautiful facility overlooking the marina and everything that you can see or touch is first quality. When they first opened, the waitstaff had been thoroughly trained and I couldn’t note any service blunders. Unfortunately the kitchen wasn’t up to their astronomical menu prices. My $50+ steak wasn’t Dry Aged and my dining partner’s fish filet was one day short of being over-the-hill.
On subsequent visits, the restaurant was at times completely empty and there had obviously been a lot of staff turn-over. The kitchen has improved, but due to the turn-over the waitstaff isn’t as well trained. A new manager is trying to lower food and labor costs and as a result, there are now only 4 huge shrimp on the $18 Shrimp Cocktail (6 in the past) and the waiter with the tray of thin slices of lemon, lime, and cucumber that you selected for your water glass, is nowhere in sight.
I think that a quality restaurant will eventually establish itself in this beautiful location, but Number 13 won’t do it with their present menu. They can’t survive on only weekend island visitors. They need a lot of local customers which they won’t attract with their overpriced menu. The Deluxe 13 Burger would be a bigger draw at $13 instead of $16.

• Visited July 2014
Galveston Island, Texas
“The view and atmosphere of a fine resort restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We always look forward to eating there. We love the view, the staff and the relaxed atmosphere. It is a way to relax, look at pretty water, enjoy good food, and if you just want to put your feet up sit outside and enjoy the south breeze and great drinks.

We think you should definitely try their burger.....it is the best. The menu has a lot more but it is hard to beat.

• Visited September 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Awesome unique food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

An incredible unique experience of favors. We had a lobster and goat cheese appetizer. Red snapper and grouper as entrees. I would say one of my top 5 meals ever.

Visited July 2014