“Great pit stop during the day”

Grand 1894 Opera House
Book In Advance
More Info
US$155.00*
and up
Galveston Island and Houston Sightseeing Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Grand 1894 Opera House is a performing arts theatre presenting a year-round performance schedule. Performances include stars of stage and screen, music, dance, comedy, drama and more. The Grand is also available to rent for private events. The Grand 1894 Opera House is the official Opera House of the State of Texas as designated by the 73rd legislature. As an historic site, The Grand is also open Monday-Saturday from 9am-5pm for self-guided or guided tours. A fee is required for tours and guided tours require advance reservation. Group and senior rates may be available for some performances. To view The Grand's performance schedule, please visit The Grand online.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stopped by during the day to tour the theater. We had the run of the theater the entire time--even as we went floor by floor and walked around to all of the boxes and seats. I recommend stopping by if you're interested and have 15-30 minutes.

There's also a little pamphlet with information about the facility. The cost for entry is $2 per person.

1  Thank Newlywed952010

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I work here from time to time doing shows its an old hemp house. It's not a large theater but great architecture and feel.

1  Thank BryanHouse
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went to see Oak Ridge Boys in concert. The show was fantastic and it being held in this old opera house made it extra special. Check out their calendar of events!

1  Thank Roxeann T
Reviewed 15 February 2014

lovely venue, funny, funny show! It's a beautiful, comfortable theatre, they were extremely helpful with our online ticket experience

2  Thank GetnThere
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I love this opera house. I feel like I'm back in my childhood whenever I go there. The decor is beautiful. They also have comfortable seats and great acoustics, plus a variety of great shows

1  Thank priluc