“The one place I ALWAYS stop when I'm in Galveston!”

La King's Confectionery
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Candy store, Coffee shop, Ice Cream Parlour, and Old Time Soda Fountain
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I have been coming to La King's since my kids were babies. Even though they are grown :( we still make sure to stop in this old fashioned candy land! The candies are amazing, from the chocolates to the fudge to the rock candy. Delightful array of old fashioned candies and Scrumptious ice creams! I made birthday cake with candy and Ideas inspired by this wonderful historic landmark!

Reviewed 19 July 2011

The homemade ice cream is amazing. The staff is adorable in their uniforms.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

This was a great place to visit. Even if you did not get anything to eat, you could be entertained, but who wouldn't get something to eat. LOL The ice cream, amaretto, was the best I have had in a while. The service was every bit as good at the old fashioned soda jerk would have given. They kept the crowds moving in and out of the place with ease. This is a must visit place in Galveston.

Reviewed 30 June 2011

I had planned on visiting after reading other reviews and of course I was not disappointed. They had cases of of homemade fudge, sand dollars and other yummy candies. We had they key lime fudge and it was delicious we also had a pecan sanddollar and mmmm. So yummy! On the other side was a complete soda/ ice cream shop where my kids opted for the hot fudge sundae. We sat down at the end where you could watch them make the confections. It was a great stop while walking the strand. I highly suggest visiting!

Reviewed 23 June 2011

From the minute we walked in we loved it. The place was packed and people we constantly moving in and out with goodies in hand. It was like stepping back half a century or so into a Willie Wonka escque candy store. The ice cream was absolutely amazing (we had four different flavors). The candy selection was very extensive and of course we couldn't leave without a few bags of treats. The only dissappointment was the snow cone. It had great flavor, but the ice was not as soft as what we are accustomed to back home.