“No diet food here (sugar free yes)”

La King's Confectionery
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: We're an old-fashioned soda fountain, ice cream parlor​, candy store, and coffee shop. We make all of our own Purity ice cream, the first manufacturer of ice cream in Texas. You can watch salt water taffy being made, which is just one of the things we're known for.
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Delicious ice cream convections, fresh candies made while you watch, taffy pulls and friendly staff. I frequent this local candy factory for saltwater taffy with a large selection of flavors for special presentations. Table favors or Christmas presents which will please everyone.

Date of visit: September 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Any time my family eats at Saltwater Grill or Nonno Tony's in downtown Galveston, we save room for a visit to La King's. Its more than just a candy confectionery, its one
of Galveston's best attraction's. My kids love watching them make saltwater taffy. The treat you like family.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank pizzauomo
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Located on the Strand in Galveston, La King's is a must stop for anyone visiting Galveston. We never miss it when we come. Huge candy store with almost an overwhelming selection of chocolates and candies. The saltwater taffy is made right in front of everyone on the same old mixer they've had for decades. Stepping in to La King's is like stepping back in time. The old fashion ice cream bar and soda jerk are the best I've ever been to. And did I say how good it tastes? Amazing!! The folks there are super nice and are dressed up for the part and happy to serve or just to take a photo with. When you're in Galveston, whatever you do don't miss La King's!

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

I work on the island and my coworker and I walk to the strand every once in a while to get out of the office during lunch. We love stopping by here for treats. I normally get a chocolate shake and it is so good!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Stepping back in time and great old fashion sweet treats available here. Nice afternoon stop for a fix of your sweet tooth. Catch them making salt water taffy for an extra fun activity.

Date of visit: October 2015