“Give me that old time library”
Review of Rosenberg Library

Rosenberg Library
Ranked #18 of 103 things to do in Galveston
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The library has been in service for decades and still functions as Galveston's public library. If you visit go to the rare collections section and you will see memorabila from Galveston's heyday

1  Thank Saralyn R
There are newer reviews for Rosenberg Library

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This building is not to be missed ! Built in the late 1800's, this Victorian building had magnificent high ceilings, and great glass and oak display cases, housing special exhibits. The top floor houses an incredibly extensive archive, accessible to every one and adored by scholars !

2  Thank marcy46
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Everything you need in a library. Friendly staff and beautiful architecture.

1  Thank Gina H
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The Rosenberg Library musuem has well presented information about Galveston's history. We're so glad we visited. You can't beat the price - it's free! We plan to visit again because the displays change. We're also going to stay a while and read next time we're in Galveston. Highly recommend!

1  Thank TravelIntl
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have never liked libraries. I know, I am one of the few but I have always found them to be too dark, too dirty, and full of questionable people. The Rosenberg Library has completely changed my mind. I love this place! It is a historical building conveniently located downtown. It is clean, bright, and brimming with happy, pleasant librarians that just want to help. There are tons of really great free children's programs all summer that you will not believe. The kids section is far away from the adults so you don't have to be stressed out and sshhhhing the entire time you are there. There is also a very interesting Galveston history museum on the top floor that is kid friendly. They can steer a ship with the help of the actual wheel from the USS Galveston. This buys the adults time to browse the fascinating pictures of how the entire island was raised 14 feet. Don't forget to ring the bell....but not too loudly!

2  Thank CheechTX