“Hidden gem!”

80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor to find out about the museum upstairs. It's not huge but very informative. I learned some things about Galveston I did not know. Best of all, it's FREE, and my kids love the library. A must visit!

Visited June 2013

San Antonio, Texas, USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“More than just books”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This library is housed in a gorgeous building. Upstairs is a Maritime Museum and other museum items such as dolls and dollhouses. I'm glad I stopped and visited this tremendously beautiful building. Keep your car in the parking lot and walk to the Ashton Villa - the Visitor's Center on the other side of the parking lot.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Marlenalovestotravel
Texas City, Texas
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Library great and museum is nice little stop!”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

More for locals but if you have time. This whole build was damaged in Ike, and is coming back. Museum is on top floor and local history is about 80 percent local history and 20 percent interest other state or object based.

Visited May 2013
San Antonio, Texas
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Historic library, great service”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We just finally moved to island a few weeks ago and went in to get our cards. The first lady that helped us was so amazing and friendly. Sadly I did not get her name, I will when we go back. They realized when my son hpgit his card that his bday was the following day and told him happy bday when we left! There is a museum on 3rd floor with some great artifacts of Galveston history. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Visited May 2013
AERM
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The history of Galveston lives in this place”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We wanted to know the history of Galveston and we found it. We took our time and went in details from the beginning of European settlements, the battle of Galveston, the 1900 hurricane to 2008 hurricane Ike.

Visited April 2013