I felt sorry for people who stayed in "beachfront" hotels on the seawall. Looked like some of them had great views from their balconies but so scary when they had to cross a road of 4 lane busy traffic to actually get to the beach.
This hotel is on the beach, literally. Go down a boardwalk from the pool area or down a sandy path and you are there! It's not a private beach exculsive to the hotel, but that was okay. I met some friendly people walking from nearby rental homes. This beach was NOT crowded either. Probably because the hotel is away from the main cluster of tourist stuff which is nice. We drove out twice a day to eat and/or see attractions and it's not a bad drive at all - maybe 10 min or less; just not walking distance. And it was nice to come back "home" to a quieter area.
We went to Walmart and got food so we could do some of our meals at the hotel since it had a little kitchenette. And while at Walmart, might I recommend getting some boogie boards for fun in the waves and also a small sack of cheap dry dog food. This we used to feed seagulls on our beach; better than bread. I also recommend going after dark down to the sand dunes with a flashlight where you can look for and surprise the crabs.
Our suite was very clean and spacious enough. My husband and I took the bedroom. The teens liked having their own space in the form of a comfy pullout couch in the living room and their own tv. You can check out DVD's and games. Liked having a washer/dryer right outside our door. I liked that there were two entry doors to get to your room; that felt like extra security. From the hallway, the first door opened onto a little foyer which then had three doors: the washer/dryer and two suites. Our balcony was pretty tiny but good enough for two people- 3 or 4 could squeeze in. Nice view of the ocean!
The pool and hot tub were clean and pretty. Staff was very friendly.
You might not always nab one for yourself, but there is some covered parking. We usually managed to get a covered parking spot. Parking lot is very close and convenient to elevators. Have fun finding the check in/lobby. That's a bit of a puzzle at first but you will figure it out. There is a sign clearly stating where to go.
It was quiet and peaceful at night. The pool closed at 10.
Great experience - I recommend and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort offers a wonderfully relaxing experience for couples and families alike. This quiet beachfront resort is located on the Texas Gulf coast south near the historic port city of Galveston. The city is a charming, Victorian-era treasure filled with authentic period architecture and strong echoes of the 1800s. Set away from the bustle of downtown, you'll enjoy villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. All villas feature private balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The heated, outdoor infinity-edge pool and large hot tub offer direct, waterfront beach access and a new recreation area. Kids enjoy half-court basketball, shuffleboard court, beach volleyball and tetherball, while you'll love the fitness center available to guests 24/7 and picnic areas for outdoor dining. A small Marketplace store is available for guest convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston