We stayed at this hotel the week of June 10, 2013. Here are the positives and negatives:
3.Beside the beach.
4.Washer and Dryer handy.
5.About 5 minutes from the sea wall.
6.Nice little kitchen.
Now the negatives:
1. When we checked in, we were not informed the hotel had construction going on on the 5th and 6th floor. Everyday during our stay, we could hear the jackhammer going above us. The ceiling was almost vibrating. Want to take a nap, sleep late or relax in your room during the day? Forget it. They are in the process of remodeling rooms into suites on the upper floors and you can hear this all throughout the building. A lot of people were complaining. We asked to be moved to the west side, where it was not quite as bad but they had nothing available. All they could do was move us to a lower floor, but you could still here the noise below, so we didn't move. Later in the week, one day before we left, the construction crew moved closer to the west side.(you could still hear the noise but not quite as bad)
Also, though the noise from the hall was quiet, the chairs that go with the tiny breakfast table make a loud noise when you move them across the floor. The people above us moved the chairs A LOT, even after midnight, and you can easily hear it below. They seriously need to get some sort of rubber padding to put on the bottom of the chairs.
So overall, while this is a nice place, they had some serious noise issues while we were there and you might want to check and see if their construction is going on during your stay. I have no idea why they chose to do construction during their busiest season, instead of their off-season. Not very smart.
2. The couch bed had a huge hump in it like most couch beds do
*Due to these issues, I couldn't rate it higher than average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort offers a wonderfully relaxing experience for couples and families alike. This quiet beachfront resort is located on the Texas Gulf coast south near the historic port city of Galveston. The city is a charming, Victorian-era treasure filled with authentic period architecture and strong echoes of the 1800s. Set away from the bustle of downtown, you'll enjoy villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. All villas feature private balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The heated, outdoor infinity-edge pool and large hot tub offer direct, waterfront beach access and a new recreation area. Kids enjoy half-court basketball, shuffleboard court, beach volleyball and tetherball, while you'll love the fitness center available to guests 24/7 and picnic areas for outdoor dining. A small Marketplace store is available for guest convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston