“Great location with some problems”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Bossier City
“Great location with some problems”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect! It is on the beach side of the street (few are). There is a walk way that leads to the beach. It is down the beach from eating places and activities. Which made it perfect for us. Takes only few minutes to get to good places to eat. My room was a king, one bedroom, full kitchen, tv in faily room and bedroom, large bathroom with separate shower and tub. Our view was facing the outdoor pool. Our room was a partial view of the ocean. From what I can tell all the rooms are partial view of ocean because the hotel is a "U" shaped building. The problems: only one mirror in the whole place (bathroom). The first night, went to the bathroom in middle of the night, turned on the light and there was a roach on the floor right by the toilet. When people upstairs flush toilet it sounded like it was coming out in our bathroom. We had to shut bathroom door each night to sleep. There is some kind of pump that runs most of the night in the stairwell. It is very loud and we were down the hall from stairwell. When you enter door from hallway to go into your room, you actually enter a small entry way that has a shared washer and dryer and two doors to two different rooms. When the other guests are in the entry way you can hear every word being said.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 December 2013

When we arrived at 11:10 pm, we were met my a security officer who had little knowledge and stated "I cannot check you in." He gave me my key and stated I needed to return to the desk in the morning. When we got to the room, we found the room empty of towels, shampoo, soap, etc. Aftera long day of travel, it was very upsetting not to be able to wash up prior to going to bed.
On our second day, we were informed that personnel would be coming into our room to inspect our fire/smoke systems. We were not given a time; they just showed up about 2 hours later while my daughter was in the shower. The "gentelmen" would not take no for an answer to enter the room.
I tried cooking twice during our stay. I discovered when trying to boil water that the large burner on the 2 burner stove was not heating up properly. I did not report because I was already fed up with the experience at this "resort."

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2013

It's more like an apartment than a hotel. Kind of far from the main tourist areas. However, if seclusion and views are your objective, it's perfect. Nice jacuzzi tub, great balcony and a fun heated pool just a few yards from the beach. Stock up on groceries from Walmart on Seawall and you're golden.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Spankytoes
Helen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Hello, thank you for your review. It looks like you stayed in one of our king one bedrooms, those are nice rooms. We do heat our outdoor pool seasonally. Thank you for mentioning the grocery store as we are a little secluded and do not have a restaurant on property. We do have a fully equipped kitchens, as you know, in our king one bedrooms. Thank you again. Helen
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My family went here for a karate tournament. The staff was professional and the room was outdated. Walking up to the room the lobby in back stunk like a cigarette infested bar. The view was nice and the room was clean. The bathroom was decent size. All in all nothing special. Although the staff knocked themselves out in the restaurant trying to make sure we were taken care of. I was hoping for a little more umph for 189 bucks a night. Stayed at the hilton 2 buildings down our second night which was far nicer and 129 for saturday night.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank maczuga1
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I had an awesome experiance staying here for a beach wedding we were attending. The only complaint we had was the view from the balcony. Our room looked over the pool area and was supposed to be of a beach view, but all we saw were palm trees. We didn't mind so much since we were hardly in our room.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Ocean, request a different room!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hello and thank you for complete a review of a recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoy the room and Galveston. Thank you Helen
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I booked on line and arrived on Monday 11-11-13. I had asked for a room with a good ocean view and was very pleased with my room. After unpacking I realized the AC was not working and called to report it. They sent someone up to look at it but had to move me to another room. The lady from the front desk came up and helped me repack and move. This time I was given an ocean front view even better than the first one. The staff at this hotel is outstanding. I locked myself out the second day and was given another key, no problem. For the money, this hotel is hard to beat although it is about 10 minutes from the restaurants the full kitchen allows you to bring in your own food. I would stay here again no question.

Room Tip: The building is U shaped so some rooms have a side view of the ocean. Ask for an ocean front view an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello,
I would first like to thank you for completing a review. I am sorry that there was an issue with the A/C in your first unit. It is great they were able to move you to a better view. Thank you again. Helen
Worcester Park, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed for three nights, in a one bedroom apartment. It was lovely, everything we needed was supplied, Powder for washing clothes and for dishwasher, also washing up liquid and tiny salt and pepper pots! Towels for the beach/pool as well. The hot tub on the first floor was amazing, sooo hot! The pool was nice and a lovely boardwalk down to the beautiful beach. It was a drive into the main part of Galveston, but as we wanted peace and quiet it was great. The staff were very nice, friendly and helpful, we would definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: We were E55, it was on the side, 5th floor (top) but had a view of the sea.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Helen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hello Debbie C., Thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your room and its amenities. I agree with our hot tub and pool raised to the first floor it has a great view of the gulf. Please come see us again the next time you are in Galveston.