“Great Rooms!”

Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We arrived around 5 pm and were taken care of very promptly. I had requested side by side rooms on the top floor for our family of five. The clerk was rather defensive regarding the top floor saying all rooms were already taken on that floor and a manager in the background quickly exited behind closed doors leaving the inexperienced clerk on her own. Our rooms on the third floor were great and adjoining and we had a good view of the ocean. Everything was clean and tidy and in working order. Their one small elevator doesn't fill the need so just use the stairs if in a hurry.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Shoehorse
sks19520608, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you so much for your comments, my quick exit was to get the bank for our daily deposit; I wasn't trying to avoid you. The clerk has been here over a year and she was correct in saying the fifth floor was full. We upgrade reservations at every possible chance--trying to make a guests stay memorable. This is why the fifth floor was full and normally stays full. I am sorry I didn't get the chance to meet with you and explain that. I do hope you decide to stay with us again. The clerks do get a little bewildered when they can't help a guest 100% of the time. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, on your next visit, contact me and I will try to ensure you get a top floor room with a great view.

Sharon Smith

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I was looking for a hotel in the LaPorte area, and wasn't finding anything decent that wasn't pretty pricey. Finally I decided if I was going to stay at a generic hotel, might as well go down to Galveston. Found this place on TripAdvisor, and went for it. Got a great price at $89 for one night. The place is all it is supposed to be. The rooms are large, clean and updated. The TV is big and flat, the wifi is good. The balconies are all private and pretty sizable, with a chair and table, and giving a good view of the ocean that is right across the street.

A couple noteworthy items: You definitely want a higher floor. One person I know was on the first floor, had a very limited view. I was on the third floor, on the east side, and there was a really nice view, but there was another building, four stories, maybe 50 yards away, that limited the views in that direction. Another buddy was on the fifth floor (the top floor), and could see to the horizon to the east. Fourth floor view to the west was also wide open. So definitely ask for a higher floor.
Two: the breakfast sounded good, but by the time me and the buddies got there at 8AM, no sausage left, a line for the waffle maker, and only boiled eggs, no hot ones. No big, a Waffle House is right across the street to the west, a filling cheap hot breakfast.

Everything else was faboo, great service, plenty of parking. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor, and do you want to watch sunrise or sunset?
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Godzilladude
Reviewed 26 November 2011

The rooms were clean, the balcony view was great from 4th floor. Then we moved to a room on the 5th floor due to noise and later that night I found three live bedbugs in the room (2 on the bed and 1 on the wall near the bed). The clerk moved us to another room on the 3rd floor but we left about one hour later as I couldn't sleep due to creepy crawly's! We never heard from management and I had to call the next morning to check on our bill. The location is great, the balconies are great from floors 4&5. We didn't try the breakfast so can't comment on that. My complaint is that I actually had live bedbugs in my room and was not contacted by a manager at all! (we stayed there Monday and Tuesday November 21 & 22, 2011)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Linda R
sks19520608, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear Guest,

I do apoligize that you encounter this problem. I want to thank you for your valueable comments; after careful inspection of your room; we found no bedbugs, it was sand fleas from the beach. We have addressed the problem, thank you again. We do hope you will stay with Quality Inn & Suites again in the near future.

Sharon K. Smith

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Stayed two nights using Choice Hotels points. Was upgraded to large room with nice bay view and whirlpool tub. Bed was very comfortable, room was clean, microwave and refrigerator worked and breakfast was limited but very adequate.

The hotel is very conveniently located with a good Mexican restaurant next door and a Kroger and other restaurants in close walking distance. The beach and seawall are also a short walk. Parking seemed adequate. The exercise room had a treadmill, elyptical machine and an older Nautilus like workstation. The room was clean and large. The indoor pool was not large but was larger than a plunge pool and looked inviting.

I was told a room could be had on a weeknight for $50 and I would consider this an excellent value.

I have low expectations for Choice Hotels and was pleasantly surprised with what a nice experience I had.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank elgringito
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed here for five nights just one week prior to the Spring Break. It was quiet, clean and comfortable. Our room was on the upper level of the hotel and at the very front of the building overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Most if not all of the rooms have a view of the Gulf but from the side of the building. They served a good breakfast and kept the area clean and the food was replenished as it got low.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Dennis P
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We ended up here purely by accident, we came down to the island for a birthday dinner, ended up having a few too many and got a room here last minuet rather than risk the drive back to Houston. I have very little experience with this hotel chain and grabbed a room here purely for the price.

Even with it being off season on the island we had very little expections with a price so low but were quite pleasntly surprised with what we got. We were given a room on the top floor on east side of the hotel that offered fantastic ocean views from a large balcony, the room itself was quite spacious, very modern, and extreamly well appointed for a 2 star property. Quite honestly we have stayed at 4 star property's on the island at well more than twice the nightly rate we paid here who's rooms were not as nice as our room at this hotel.... figure that one out?.

The rest of the hotel was pretty much what you would expect from a 2 star hotel chain property, small lobby with a continental breakfast nook, They offer a free continental breakfast which we passed on in favor of the Denny's down the street but it looked about par for the course, small excercize room, small indoor pool and hot tub which is a bit puzzling given the long sweltering hot summer's we have here in south Texas, I can't imagine that small enclosed indoor pool area being very refreshing during that time of year... All in all though a very nice surprise at a terrific price!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the hotel, also the rooms near the front of the hotel (closest to...
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank outlaw1865
Reviewed 1 November 2011

It is a good hotel right next to the beach. My problem with the hotel is the billing. I booked two king suite through its on line web site. When I checked out, the room rate was different from what I had booked. I was overcharged for $50. Be sure to carry your reservation info with you when you check in.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple