For a 2.5 star hotel, this place is absolutely fantastic. The rooms are enormous and well maintained (I was in 203), with all the facilities that you could possibly require. The staff at the front desk are very helpful, even when you arrive tired and irritable from a long day of travelling.
The hotel itself is mostly very quiet, although with it being on the seafront there is constant ocean and wind noise, not to mention the seagulls. A few minor nitpicks: the air conditioning is incredibly loud and the fan seems to turn itself on at random intervals, and the lifts are appallingly slow. Also, the hotel is nearer the west end of the island than the east - it's a bit of a pain to visit downtown and Harborside because of Galveston's dodgy parking regulations (you have to pay through a smart phone app, which is all well and good unless you're a tourist from abroad like me who can't use their phone in the USA without running up a huge bill). On the other hand, you're a matter of minutes away from the flight museum and Moody Gardens, not to mention having a beautiful section of the Seawall right outside your hotel.
I would definitely consider coming back to this hotel for a return visit.
Good points: spacious, well-furnished, friendly staff.
Bad points: not ideally located, slow lifts, can be a bit noisy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Award Winning Quality Inn & Suites™ Beachfront hotel Galveston, TX located on the Seawall, adjacent to miles of sandy beaches and offers beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico from our guest room balconies. Newly Installed State of the Art Dual Band WiFi System with a fast 100/20 three ISP Broadband Connection. This hotel is a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner 2014 - 2011 and is just minutes from the great area attractions, such as the new Pleasure Pier with its amusement rides, Moody Gardens, the historic Grand 1894 Opera House, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the Elissa sailing ship, the Strand National Historic Landmark District, 61st Fishing Pier, the Cruise Ship docks, and many restaurants overlooking the Gulf, recreational sailing, fishing and numerous amusement rides. The hotel is also located very close to the Galveston Convention Center. Full-service features and amenities include:• Free high-speed Internet access• Free deluxe continental breakfast• Free coffee in the lobby• Free local calls Guests are invited to take advantage of the exercise room, indoor heated pool. This Galveston, TX hotel offers business travelers access to fax services and competitive corporate rates.All spacious guest rooms have large private balconies with seating, coffee makers, hair dryers, safes, microwaves, mini refrigerators, desks, tables and chairs. Almost every room offers spectacular ocean views. Executive king suites also boast sofa sleepers. Coin-operated laundry facilities are located on the premises for guest convenience.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront hotel is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Galveston, Texas area. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Galveston
- Quality Inn & Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn Galveston
- Galveston Quality Inn