I researched Trip Advisor before I booked my hotel for a quick trip to Galveston. When traveling with my daughter and her friends, I wanted easy beach access, free wifi, and free breakfast. Quality Inn had all of those things. We arrived very early, about 11:30 AM, and the front desk lady said they had a first floor room available immediately, but she warned there would be no beach view. The girls just wanted to get in a room, so we accepted the offer. The room was right next to the front desk, and close to the elevator, so I knew there would be a little extra noise.
The view from our room was of the parking lot, but if I looked a little to the left, I could see the ocean. The room had two good sized beds, a table and two chairs, a new flat screen TV, a small refrigerator, a microwave, closet, and plenty of room for the 4 of us. One thing that impressed me was that they had Direct TV at the hotel. I don't spend a lot of time in my hotel rooms, but when I am there, I like to chill out with the television. So many hotels offer explanations as to why they get so few channels, etc, but this was nice-even some movie channels included. The bathroom was decent sized, with the sink, toilet and shower/bath all in the room together.
We did enjoy the free breakfast the next morning. I liked that there were three "stations" of breakfast food-everything was not crammed together. There were biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, danishes, a few kinds of cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juices, milk, a really good variety. When I got syrup, I could tell they were almost out in the containers. I got some and sat down. As I looked around, the worker, Roxanne, I believe was her name, had already brought out fresh jars of syrup. She was certainly on top of things in the breakfast room. Another big plus, there was plenty of room to sit. So many hotels have small breakfast areas, but this one had probably 10 tables or more, and there were other chairs and couches nearby in the lobby area. The food was hot and tasty. A great way to start the day.
The location of this hotel is great. It is very centrally located, with lots of restaurant locations close by or just a short drive. The beach was just a short walk to the crosswalk, then you were on the beach. The hotel pool was indoors and fairly small. There was no jacuzzi. The ocean was cold, so the girls were looking forward to jumping in the pool. The water was not as warm as they would have liked, and because it was spring break, there were a ton of kids in the pool. Though I had hoped the pool would be a good alternative to the beach, the girls only stayed at the pool about 5 minutes.
The hotel staff was great during our trip as well. The manager was cleaning up some around the front desk when I complimented his breakfast room. The ladies at the front desk did a great job of recommending close restaurants, getting us items we had left at home, and definitely getting us a room LONG before check in time. I would certainly book a room here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Award Winning Quality Inn & Suites™ Beachfront hotel Galveston, TX located on the Seawall, adjacent to miles of sandy beaches and offers beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico from our guest room balconies. Newly Installed State of the Art Dual Band WiFi System with a fast 100/20 three ISP Broadband Connection. This hotel is a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner 2014 - 2011 and is just minutes from the great area attractions, such as the new Pleasure Pier with its amusement rides, Moody Gardens, the historic Grand 1894 Opera House, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the Elissa sailing ship, the Strand National Historic Landmark District, 61st Fishing Pier, the Cruise Ship docks, and many restaurants overlooking the Gulf, recreational sailing, fishing and numerous amusement rides. The hotel is also located very close to the Galveston Convention Center. Full-service features and amenities include:• Free high-speed Internet access• Free deluxe continental breakfast• Free coffee in the lobby• Free local calls Guests are invited to take advantage of the exercise room, indoor heated pool. This Galveston, TX hotel offers business travelers access to fax services and competitive corporate rates.All spacious guest rooms have large private balconies with seating, coffee makers, hair dryers, safes, microwaves, mini refrigerators, desks, tables and chairs. Almost every room offers spectacular ocean views. Executive king suites also boast sofa sleepers. Coin-operated laundry facilities are located on the premises for guest convenience.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront hotel is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Galveston, Texas area. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Galveston
- Quality Inn & Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn Galveston
- Galveston Quality Inn