“This place isnt even close to what is advertised.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront

Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“This place isnt even close to what is advertised.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

No hot tub as stated in the advertisement, the staff was rude, yellow caution signs everywhere instead of drying the floor in those spots. They have substandard beds that will hurt your back, pillows are just awful and rooms have an odor that rivals the smell of my son's hockey equipment.

I would not EVER recommend this place to anyone, which includes those I call my enemy. Clean this place up!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank johnathan f
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Well I am sorry you were unhappy with our hotel, but I need to answer a couple of your comments:
1) We do not advertise a hot tub, because we don't have one. If you booked on some third part site, they may have bad information. I can assure you it isn't on our site or ChoiceHotels.com., and those are the only sites we have any control over.
2) Those yellow "wet signs" are there for the protection of our guests, and we use them any time the floor is wet, like when we are mopping, or when people walk from the pool through the lobby. They are meant to keep people from slipping on water they didn't know is there.
3) Beds are very subjective, most of our guests like our beds, but no bed or pillow will make everyone happy. Some guests like them soft, while others like them hard.
4) I don't know what smell you are referring to, as you gave us no chance to address any of your concerns while at the hotel.

We take pride in this property, and as you can tell by the overwhelming number of positive comments we get, we are in large part successful. However, that being said, we are not perfect, and we appreciate the comments we get from our guests, because they help us identify areas where we can improve. Best Regards,
James Marx, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Rhome, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here from March 28-March 30 2014. This was a trip to celebrate my birthday and spend time with my daughters who live in Galveston. Check-in was easy. It was late when I arrived and there were not any parking spots close to any entrance and there I traveled alone. I was not really uncomfortable but Maybe I should have been. My room was fine and the maid service was friendly and helpful. I am a scent sensitive person and I requested no air freshner when I made my reservation. There was never a slip up. I was very grateful for that. Breakfast was okay.I ate there on Friday morning. The rest of the time, I went out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth H
Alpena, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights and would again. The rooms were clean with a fridge and microwave, as well as a balcony with a view of the gulf. Other than the occasional motorcycle buzzing through the lot, the property was quiet. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was spacious and not prone to crowding, breakfast itself was good, a bit limited, but very good considering it was a free continental breakfast.
As for the location, it is on a very busy road with an extremely busy intersection, but there is a less crazy intersection about a block away. It's only about 5 minutes from the Strand.

All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Harlingen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here prior to a cruise. Clean room, a little dated. Hot water in the shower, clean bathroom. DirectTV with HBO and Cinemax. We had a top-floor room with an outstanding view. Nice balcony. Excellent customer service. Ample free parking. Standard continental breakfast. Good value.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank billb1959
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel following a cruise. The hotel allowed us to park our vehicle there free of charge for the duration (7 days) of our cruise. This hotel is centrally located and easily accessible. The pool was very warm and never busy. Room was large and clean. Very inexpensive - as we were there during a quiet time. Breakfast was included and was very good with lots of selection. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank K N
Saint Cloud
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Spent 5 days in March at this property. We were very impressed. The rooms were clean, beds were ok. Overall the property was well maintained. The staff, at all levels from the front desk to house keeping we amazing. They were friendly helpful, and knowledgeable. Some of the best service I have seen in along time. The Breakfast was your usual Quality Inn fare, but its was well stocked, organized and the area was clean. We will certainly go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tjeastound
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked my room online and saw that most guest gave it a rate of 4 out of 5. That was far from accurate. My check in went smoothly. As soon as I got on the elevator, I was overcome with the smell of sewage and vomit. The hallways smelt better. I booked a room with 2 queen beds...I was given 2 full beds. The restroom was NOT clean. There was a bottle of bodywash in our tub left from the previous guest covered with their hair...EEEWW. The toilet rim was black with mildew. When we asked for more towels, we were told we had to bring our dirty ones down to the front desk before we could receive clean ones. I have never heard of such a thing. The breakfast was the only good thing about this hotel. Never again will I stay at the Quality Inn @ Galveston, TX.

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank Isadorable80
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I am sorry you were unhappy with your stay, I wish you had told us when you were here that you had issues. I am in the elevators daily, and unless some had actually just done something in the elevator, they were not a problem. There is no way you could have gotten a room with (2) double beds, because all we have are queens, and they are the extra longs. Again I am very sorry you had problems. The towel exchange is necessary because during Spring Break people take the towels to the beach and leave them, or wrap their wet shoes and bathing suits in them and take them home, so we end up giving out 10-12 rooms per room and many get taken. Our hotel, like all of the hotels in Galveston, spend tremendous amounts on linen replacements due to theft. If you were to call me I might be able to make some kind of accommodation...as we would have done if we had known of your issues while here.

Best Regards,