“nice hotel”

Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Belton, Texas
“nice hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I admit I am a hotel impossible fan so I really check places for cleanliness. This hotel was really nice. Room was big, very clean. Staff was friendly, check in prompt. Location was good. Literally 2 minute walk through the hotel next doors parking lot to a beautiful Kroger grocery with a Starbucks that opened at 6am . My only ding would be- no outdoor pool or seating area. Indoor pool under the building in the garage. We had some nice evenings and it would have been nice to sit by a pool. The posted photos by reviewer actually show the pool from the Red Roof Inn next door. The other thing was very strange small pillows on the bed. Every time I turned over my head was off the pillow. Interrupted my sleep both nights. Other than that absolutely no complaints.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Siobhan L
Journeyman1234, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I appreciate the kind comments, and I apologize my staff didn't mention that we have an agreement with the property next door for the guests to use their outdoor pool, as well as our indoor pool...it is the best of both worlds. I will look into the pillows, maybe I can make a change. Best regards, James Marx, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Voghera, Italy
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in March for 3 nights. Everyone on the staff was friendly.
We had a top-floor room. The room was big and there was a balcony with great view as well.
Standard continental breakfast. Free parking. Really good price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bonny3000
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate your staying with us.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2014

No hot tub as stated in the advertisement, the staff was rude, yellow caution signs everywhere instead of drying the floor in those spots. They have substandard beds that will hurt your back, pillows are just awful and rooms have an odor that rivals the smell of my son's hockey equipment.

I would not EVER recommend this place to anyone, which includes those I call my enemy. Clean this place up!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank johnathan f
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Well I am sorry you were unhappy with our hotel, but I need to answer a couple of your comments:
1) We do not advertise a hot tub, because we don't have one. If you booked on some third part site, they may have bad information. I can assure you it isn't on our site or ChoiceHotels.com., and those are the only sites we have any control over.
2) Those yellow "wet signs" are there for the protection of our guests, and we use them any time the floor is wet, like when we are mopping, or when people walk from the pool through the lobby. They are meant to keep people from slipping on water they didn't know is there.
3) Beds are very subjective, most of our guests like our beds, but no bed or pillow will make everyone happy. Some guests like them soft, while others like them hard.
4) I don't know what smell you are referring to, as you gave us no chance to address any of your concerns while at the hotel.

We take pride in this property, and as you can tell by the overwhelming number of positive comments we get, we are in large part successful. However, that being said, we are not perfect, and we appreciate the comments we get from our guests, because they help us identify areas where we can improve. Best Regards,
James Marx, GM
Rhome, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here from March 28-March 30 2014. This was a trip to celebrate my birthday and spend time with my daughters who live in Galveston. Check-in was easy. It was late when I arrived and there were not any parking spots close to any entrance and there I traveled alone. I was not really uncomfortable but Maybe I should have been. My room was fine and the maid service was friendly and helpful. I am a scent sensitive person and I requested no air freshner when I made my reservation. There was never a slip up. I was very grateful for that. Breakfast was okay.I ate there on Friday morning. The rest of the time, I went out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth H
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights and would again. The rooms were clean with a fridge and microwave, as well as a balcony with a view of the gulf. Other than the occasional motorcycle buzzing through the lot, the property was quiet. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was spacious and not prone to crowding, breakfast itself was good, a bit limited, but very good considering it was a free continental breakfast.
As for the location, it is on a very busy road with an extremely busy intersection, but there is a less crazy intersection about a block away. It's only about 5 minutes from the Strand.

All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here prior to a cruise. Clean room, a little dated. Hot water in the shower, clean bathroom. DirectTV with HBO and Cinemax. We had a top-floor room with an outstanding view. Nice balcony. Excellent customer service. Ample free parking. Standard continental breakfast. Good value.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank billb1959
Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel following a cruise. The hotel allowed us to park our vehicle there free of charge for the duration (7 days) of our cruise. This hotel is centrally located and easily accessible. The pool was very warm and never busy. Room was large and clean. Very inexpensive - as we were there during a quiet time. Breakfast was included and was very good with lots of selection. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2014