“Really nice room with great view!”

Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Our room was very clean with a balcony facing the ocean. It is directly across from the beach so you can easily walk to the beach as well as some of the local restaurants. The room was very clean with comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank vandee88
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to make these very nice comments, and thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

All the rooms are ocean view and even better views the higher floor you go. There is a good Mexican restaurant right in front of the hotel. The parking is adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful and the waffles for breakfast were awesome. The bed was clean and pretty comfy. Obviously not a five star resort, but when you're at the beach who wants to sit all day in their hotel room?

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Mattnang2003

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that you decided to stay with us. We know you have lots of choices. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. They were fairly accurate. The room was clean and quiet and freshly painted. There was adequate parking, tho not very close. The breakfast was better than a lot of places. The staff was friendly. One reason I selected this place was because each room had a balcony. The staff said each room has a partial view of of the ocean. Our partial view was thru telephone lines and past a McDonalds drive-thru. We did not use the balcony. The pool is indoors.

Room Tip: Choose something above the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nani1950
Journeyman1234, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for the nice comments, we appreciate your staying with us!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

When I look for hotels I look for one that's a decent price but up to date and clean. So I have read most if not all the reviews on here after staying here. Its obvious the negative ones are someone who was thrown out or thought they where staying at the Ritz(Not to bash the Staff because they are awesome here). So here is how my 3day(2 night) stay was.

Upon arrival I notice parking was gonna be a crap shoot to be close to the hotel, not a problem overall with parking because there is plenty in the back. However, there is a spot right by the ramp that is not big vehicle friendly but, VERY small car friendly if cars are next to it. So parking was not a issue up close for me unless I stayed out very late.

The check-in process was fast and friendly given that the front manager was on the phone I'm assuming with a drunk from the previous night that was complaining for unknown reasons, I'm sure they will post something far fetched soon but who cares i got my room. The front desk was able to get the person in front of me and on the phone organized all at the same time. Went up to the room and it was very clean and modern. It didn't have a Jacuzzi like I thought it did maybe that was error on my part but i just shook it off because that's not what i was here for and I knew all the rooms were booked so it wasn't worth the trouble for me to bring it up.

We really didn't stay here much other then to rest and shower, the first night I was able to sleep after crashing around 2am, as far as noise from rooms above it all depends on who is above you. If you want quit i would recommend a top floor room. I am a good sleeper if I have background noise so the A/C took care of that. Our plan was to sleep in till about 10am since we work late shifts but that was bumped down by the fire alarm that went off. Now most people would probably bash the hotel for this but its VERY(cant say it any bigger) reassuring to know that the hotel will pull the plug even though the person making biscuits obviously never paid attention to grandma. The manager was promptly on the 3rd floor evacuating people.We had are clothes and items we needed to start the day early so we went on with our day.

The second night I asked for fresh towels and the room service offered the towels and also asked if I needed the room straighten. Very friendly staff while on my stay. Also the front desk offered milk for my cereal and turned on the juice machine for me even though I was late for breakfast. We also went to the pool to relax after walking all day since we couldn't swim very much due to the sea weed.

Location:
Right next to a good Mexican restaurant and a Rita's for the girlfriend that wants Ice cream every 5 minutes. Beach is close by with life guards on duty and there is a fishing pier right across street.

Overall I gave this 4 stars because the Staff and cleanliness. Will I stay here again next year probably not since I like to try new things. Would I stay here in the future yes, It is assuring to know that you have a hotel that's friendly to use as a last minute back up plan if needed.

Room Tip: top floors
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Josh C
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to make these nice comments. We realize we aren't perfect, but you can bet we use the information we get from wonderful guests like yourself, to correct problems when they arise. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Only stayed one night. Very clean. Nice place. Good location. Good rate for weekday but the weekend rate was almost twice as expensive. There are not many covered parking spaces. The A/C was very good. We were on the 3rd floor and had an ocean view. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean hotel with a great location. Not a luxury hotel but a good value for the location.

Room Tip: Very few covered parking spots.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

We thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay...and of course we are very happy you chose to stay with us. We know you have lots of other choices.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Quality Inn saved our vacation! In December I got online to plan our vacation to Galveston. I found a really good deal on a hotel . It had a score of 5 out of 10 on Booking.com so I was kind of Leary , but we love just spending time at the beach and mainly use our hotel for just showering and sleeping so I went ahead and booked the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel to check in everything looked fine. The lobby was clean and the manager was civil. Our rooms were on the back of the hotel . As we were driving around the hotel I noticed a small fenced in area in the corner of the parking lot. Later I found out it was the "pool." Our room was adequate upon first sight I pulled the blankets back and looked at the sheets and they appeared to be clean . There wasn't any mold to speak of in the bathroom either. As we climbed into bed later though we found burned holes on our blankets and lots of dirt by the headboard ,gross! I wondered why at the checkout desk there was a sign that said something about if you are not satisfied with your room let the desk clerk know within the first 15 minutes ! Our first night we walked down the driveway to Seawall Blvd just to see the beach. We came across a cool looking colorful pier and walked down it into a little shop where we bought packaged ice cream. There were photos all over the walls of people with huge fish and even a shark! We found out later it was the Historic Pier 61. The owner was super nice and even let us look around the outer pier deck! Our night at the hotel was uneventful. The beds were a little dippy to the middle but OK for the price. About 4:00 in the morning a storm went rolling through and we found out how thin the walls were! We could hear everything. Next came the extremely noisy seagulls! Not much sleep after that. The next morning we went to the lobby for our free "breakfast buffet." What a joke! It was Tang and a packaged tiny muffin or bun. We ended up going to McDonalds which added a lot of expense for seven people! The rain continued off and on all day so we weren't able to get into the water until the afternoon. That night the seagulls were at it all night! We also found out that the weird yard behind the hotel was actually a graveyard! Creepy! The next morning we didn't even attempt the breakfast buffet. Ha ha! We went to the Waffle House instead. Yummy! While we were waiting for our food I noticed a huge picture of a delicious looking breakfast . It was a billboard for Quality Inn. I asked the other members of my party what they thought and by the time breakfast was served we had reservations for the next day at Quality Inn. Needless to say after our first hotel Quality Inn was like a fairy tale castle! The rooms were clean and modern. We got the best view in the whole hotel! The staff was awesome and the breakfast was so good! The indoor pool came in very handy to entertain our three kids when it was raining outside . On the last day there I actually looked online to book it again for next year because I wanted our same rooms but it was already full! Bummer! When I spoke with the desk clerk at check out she said all hope was not lost, I could call the manager to see what could be done! So I need to sign off now and go make that call! Thanks for reading my review!

Room Tip: Ask if they have any rooms with views of the beach available . The balcony is awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am glad we were able to help salvage your vacation. Your nice comments will serve to further drive our staff to be the friendliest on the island :)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

You know, this is not a top-rated, 4-star hotel. But on Sunday, 5/25/14 when the San Luis Hotel gave up our room and we found ourselves without a hotel room on the eve of Memorial Day (and all other comparable hotels were sold out), we checked into the Quality Inn on Seawall @ 61st Street and found our 4-star hotel! Where the San Luis Hotel "blew it" in customer service, the folks at Quality Inn made up for it. They were sooooo pleasant! Our room was clean. It's just your basic, average hotel room - nothing fancy. But it was very clean, the beds were nice and comfortable, and the air was COLD! It met our need when had a need for a hotel room. In fact, they were quite sympathetic to the fact that San Luis gave up our hotel room when we had a reservation, so Quality Inn gave us $20 off our rate, we didn't even ask them to do that! I will always remember how kind these folks were to us that day. There's not a full ocean view, it's a partial ocean view but it was very nice! (see photo). And the hot continental breakfast was good! Great job Quality Inn - great job!!! :-)

Room Tip: The hotel gave us a handicap room (not much available at 6:00pm on the eve of Memorial Day weekend...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela G

I will be sure to share your very kind comments with my staff, they will be thrilled. I am really glad to hear you had a good stay. We hope to see you again!