“Excellent Value”

Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Guernsey
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed 18 February 2011

This hotel was as good as the other reviews have said. We were upgraded from a kingsize room to a suite and everything was very clean and the bed and linen excellent. Our only complaint is that it is a long way (by British standards!) to the historical district where all the decent restaurants are. We prefer to be able to walk in the evening and the 15min. drive is not something that we would normally do on holiday. We knew that the location was facing the sea wall but I suppose that we should have checked the mileage to the nicest part of town first. All good apart from this

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Waiting to check in with reservation at the front desk, Melanie was alone on the phone dealing with a potential customer extremely demanding, three other lines were put on hold and three people waitng for service at the desk. She never lost patience and was very polite with everybody.
All that was handled quickly and efficiently. She even upgraded my room to compensate for the delay. The room was very clean and well appointed. Very good and diversified Breakfast included. Indoor pool and hot tub. Prices very reasonable specially Sunday toThursday.
Great location on the seawall.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I made reservations for my family so we could all meet up before the cruise we went on. The staff was very nice and put us all together on the same floor with no issues. They allowed us to leave our vehicles in the back parking lot which was a big help as we were gone for a week. The location on the main drag/ seawall is perfect for getting around. Outside of that dang doorstop I tripped over a couple time, my family and I loved to hotel and will return if I fancy and visit to Galveston in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Wiarton, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We stayed here for a total of 2 weeks. The first night of our stay, the person in the room beside us spent the entire evening loudly cursing from his balcony and throwing things against the wall of his room and down to the parking lot below (we moved our vehicle). We did notify the front desk in the morning and they took care of the situation. I had booked this motel because it had a indoor pool and hot tub, I had over a 30 hour drive to get to Galveston and looked forward to relaxing in the hot tub during my 2 week stay, but of course, the hot tub was roped off and not working, very very disappointing. Breakfast was great and plenty of it. Only one computer in the lobby which was hard to get access too as the WIFI did not work for anyone who had brought their own laptops. We were in the area to visit family and the one frustrating complaint from all of them was that you could never get an answer at the motel. Which is true, as my family back home could not contact me on several occasions over the holidays.

1 Thank Boomer1219
CLAUDIANOLASCO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
Dear "A bit of a dissappointment",

I understand the frustration when a product at a hotel does not meet your expectations. At check out we do ask every one of our guests how their stay was. Unfortunately we do have items break down from time to time and the spa happened to be one of them this winter.
It is definitely working and took only a couple of days to get it fixed. I do apologize for the phone calls not being transferred. At this point I have to only apologize about that and talk with our staff as they are trained to aswer by the third ring. Once again I am really sorry you had these issues and wish you would consider us in the future. Most of our guests walk away very pleased as you can read for your self.

Thanks you for your time in writing this review,
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The outside of the hotel is much nicer than the inside. It was our anniversary and I told them that requesting a nicer room when I booked a few months before our stay. When we got there we noticed that all the floors had not been vacuumed for at least a week. It was very dirty and all the walls and doors were very scratched up. Our room had to be the smallest n the hotel with a crappy view of the beach. Not to mention our room stunk like mold and I always had the door open to the tiny balcony because the window didn't open. One of the days we did not get housekeeping and called the front desk for towels. They never did bring them to us. We could not wait to leave. The continental breakfast got very old and the counters were always dirty. The pool was disgusting from the outside. I would never let mu kid swim in it if I had one. You get less than what you pay for with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank rjcritics
CLAUDIANOLASCO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Dear, previous guest

I am dissappointed that you were unhappy with your stay. We try really hard to honor any special requests when it comes to special occasions.Unfortunately,due to high occupancy that is not always possible.I apologize if you felt our accommodations did not meet your standards and would have loved to have the opportunity to make you feel otherwise.
As you can see guests like you have been very satisfied with our establishment in the past.

Please,don't hesitate to call me regarding any future plans you may have to come back to beautiful Galveston and I assure you that this time you won't be disappointed.

sincerely,
ZEPHYR COVE, NV
Reviewed 31 December 2010

This nice a hotel and NO WiFi??? Wouldn't go back because of it!
Beautiful room. New, top quality. Higher floor rooms even have oceanview balconies with table & chairs.... for $44! Includes good continental breakfast (make-your-own waffles, sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, sweet rolls and bagels w/cream cheese, cereal and juices.) Sleep to crashing waves. Easy walk to Kroger grocery store and Mexican restaurant. Beach and long pier across street. Loved it... but come on! Put in a few WiFi hot spots on each floor and it would be perfect!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Journeyman1234, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 2 January 2011
Hi "Excellent except no WiFi",

I am sorry you encountered the issues with the Wifi at our hotel. I would like to thank you for making us aware of the situation as we are now looking into this. We do have Wifi at our hotel as well as hard wired connections, however we take your dissatisfaction seriously and are actively working towards a solution.

Thanks to feedback like yours we continue to deliver great service and we appreciate you taking the time to do so. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 31 December 2010

We got a room with a balcony and partial ocean view. With AAA the price was 44.99 or thereabouts. Everything was fine until the second night of the 3-night stay, when I thought the roof was going to cave in. I think children were running and jumping. They eventually settled down. The next night, it started again, even worse, so DH called the front desk to complain, which we should have done the night before. The noise stopped. I consider us fortunate, because with a price this low, you are more likely to get a situation such as the one a previous reviewer had, where the rude crowd on family reunion took over the lobby.

For breakfast, there was sausage, make-your-own waffles, fruit, pastries, boiled eggs, juice, mini muffins, cereal, milk, and maybe more. The wireless connection in the room was no good, although if I'd had a cable, I could have tried the hard wire connection. Wireless works fine in the lobby. For the price, the place was excellent. Oh, and there is an indoor pool but we didn't use it.