“Excellent!!”

Days Inn & Suites Galveston West/Seawall
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We literally gasped when we walked into our room! The place is brand new and very nice! Room beds are cozy, has balcony, big frig, microwave. I can't believe what I paid! The fitness room has only 2 pieces of equipment, breakfast area is roomy, has a little business room and you can do your own laundry and has a snack machine. Location is near sea wall. I hate that I'm here only one night! Lovely!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

First off, the staff was wonderful. Definitely did not contribute to my complaints. Hotel was clean, breakfast was good (waffles, eggs, toast, cereal, oatmeal). The hotel is apparently still in the process of being renovated, though they don't tell you that. Whatever company was hired to do said renovations is doing a horrid job. Paint stains on the floors and furniture, small holes in the new wood floors (it looked like they decided to move the door stop, but didn't bother patching the floor where it originally was). It seems smart to have wood floors near the beach and definitely helps eliminate sand stuck in the carpet. BUT they didn't replace the doors to the rooms (or bought doors that didn't fit the doorway) when they took out the carpet, so now there is a very noticeable gap between the door and floor which allows for light and every single sound to travel right into your room. We were able to hear every person that walked past our room. Also, part of having carpet in a hotel is to absorb sound from the room above you. It sounded like there was a herd of elephants above us, we were lucky they didn't stay up too late. I felt sorry for the poor guests staying below us - my 2 small children do not understand how to walk quietly! We would stay here again, but only during the off season in Galveston (not during spring break again!) And we will ask for a room away from high traffic areas.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We reserved this property because we wanted to stay close to Moody Gardens and almost everything else was full. I knew the property was new but I found out that it had only been open for 5 days when we checked in. When we checked in I was unsure that the rooms were ready because there were workers and boxes everywhere but the front desk ladies insured me that the rooms were ready. In fact, they told me they were sold out for the night so thank goodness I had a reservation. The room was nice and I have to say that this is the first hotel/motel room I've stayed in with hard wood floors (hardiplank). There was the smell of newly painted walls, paint stains on the floor and a few other things that needed cleaning from the construction but overall it was very nice. For me, I love new construction. Just knowing that a bazillion others haven't already slept where I'm sleeping is nice. The room was very large and provided enough space for my family of 4 to be very comfortable. The bed was comfortable, we had a nice side view of the gulf from our balcony, the flat screen TV with Direct TV was nice, and we even had a small kitchen type counter with a sink and fridge. An awesome extra that we loved. The rate came with breakfast the next morning which is something that I look for when making a reservation and that my kids love. The front desk staff was very nice and Ms. Maxwell (I think that was her name) was great! As soon as this property is up and running good it's sure to be a favorite.

Room Tip: There's a small landing strip across the street from the property so if you stay in a room with...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
hiexpressgalveston, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Galveston West/Seawall, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for being one of our first guest to stay with us. I am sorry about the construction dust in your room but I assure the next time you are back everything will be nice and clean.