“Bargain Hunters Choice”

Days Inn & Suites Galveston West/Seawall
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights here with the family and found we got exactly what we paid for. The hotel is exactly what it says...a clean place to sleep at a good price. The hotel is new and clean. It's just not fancy...and that's okay because you can't beat the price. It has a small but clean pool and a descent free continental breakfast. Beware if you're a light sleeper because the walls and floors are thin.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tracytaylortx

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The rooms were nice but were not kept up during our stay. The dirty towels and wash rags were not picked up and clean put in the room. Ran out of T.P. and had to go to the front desk to get some. Was told by 1 employee that the pool closed at 9p.m.. The next day was told by another employee that the pool never closed up. Just wandering who was right. Grand kids really wanted to go swimming.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Booked here for our four night stay in Galveston. The proximity to the seawall was the main reason for booking here. I requested a room with an ocean view upon booking our reservations.
We checked in on a Sunday. When we arrived I asked which room we would be staying in. The room they had us set up in was on the other side of the hotel. I would have gone with the flow had I not told my kids the entire trip down that they would be able to see the ocean from our window. I asked that they change our room and I was informed that they had booked all the rooms with a sea view earlier in the day. I let them know that it wasn't acceptable and asked to speak to management. Apparently they don't have a management dept. The young lady said wait. I think i have the perfect room for you. She gives us keys and sends us up stairs. We get in and realize that the only view is the parking lot. I marched back down and let them know that it wasn't okay and they needed to fix it. She then let me know there was absolutely nothing she could do. At that point I asked for the 800 number and walked outside. After waiting on the phone for about 15 minutes, she comes out and tells me she has a room. How surprised I was that they magically had the room that we had requested the entire time! It was such a nice room. Super clean and beautiful view of the gulf.
About 2 days in to our stay I checked our cc statement to make sure we didn't have any fraudulent charges. I was shocked to see that the hotel had charged us twice for our 4 night stay!
I went downstairs and asked about it and I guess they canceled our reservations before I made the call to days inn 800# and re booked our reservations when they came up with the room. So then I had to ask to be reimbursed for one of the charges. It took almost a week for it to clear my account. Super disappointing.
The breakfast is almost inedible. It's pretty bad. My kids will eat anything and they outright refused to eat the breakfast.
Our rooms we made up daily, but 2 or 3 times we had to request towels and toilet paper. And the front desk never answered the phone so any requests had to be made by going downstairs.
We were also not given a crib, even though we requested one with our booking. I packed our small portacrib for this reason and I'm so glad we did!
Overall, we really enjoyed the new hotel and the location, but we'll be staying somewhere else the next time we're in town.
For the price they charge,service should be 1000x better.

3  Thank rmtidwell