“Lazy River”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lazy River”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The lazy river is a favorite of mine. Just float your cares away! Nice and clean. Free lifejackets for the your little folk.

Visited August 2013
Schlitterbahn W, Public Relations Manager at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Howdy,

Glad to hear of the great memories that were made on our river system. They are one of the most unique attractions that we have at our park.

Have a great day!

Lake Charles, Louisiana
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Best lazy river!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Our entire family enjoys this place.
Lazy river is awesome. You float entire park+ rapids + big waves! Kids & teenagers love it. Best deal is buy 2 day ticket. $37 a day. Bring in your own food! Cup with free refills all day is a good deal!

Greetings,

Thanks for visiting and glad to hear of the awesome time you guys had.

Hope to see you guys again!
League City, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Worth a visit while in Galveston”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We live twenty minutes from Galveston Island and Schlitterbahn is a summer tradition for our family. There are more than enough attractions for all ages! Tickets are very pricey but when there is free parking, free tubes for rides, free lifejackets for the little ones, and the ability to bring your own cooler with food and drinks it's understandable the park has to make money through ticket sales. Tickets have a small discount if you visit the park after 3 pm. We always enjoy our trip to the water park and I encourage everyone to visit when you are visiting Galveston Island.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Holly K
Schlitterbahn W, Public Relations Manager at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thanks for always coming back out to the park and glad you enjoyed the day.

See you soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A favorite of the kids, especially my daredevil daughter!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Always a must on our trip. My daughter is finally tall enough to ride the big rides and she did, everyone, at least once! It is a great place to go hang out and enjoy some time with the family.

Visited July 2014
Greetings,

Thanks for visiting our park and glad to hear that everyone was able to enjoy the park.

Our attractions have a great range of thing to do for our guests of all ages, but the list is the longest when it comes to the thrill seekers. In fact, Screaming Serpents is a huge thrill ride that is new at Schlitterbahn Galveston this summer. I hope you and your daughter had a chance to check it out.

Have a great day!
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lazy River... of ANTS”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The last time I was at the Galveston Schlitterbahn it had only been open a year and it was wonderful!

This year, I took my son and his girlfriend (who had never been) and my BF. It was expensive, but judging on my previous visit, was worth the money. I was disappointed that there were no reserved shaded areas available online when I ordered my tickets (not to mention they were $200+ to reserve had there been any), but I figured we would find a spot somewhere.. wow was I wrong. I literally almost had heat stroke before we finally jumped at a table that was being exited - along with another lady and her mom and child who evidently already had dibs - she was very gracious and shared the table with us! When my BF and I finally decided to get in the river, there were no inner tubes to be found - people had stashed them under tables and guarded them with glares when you asked if they were through with them. I guess the park didn't think people would hoard them like they did, and didn't have enough for every single person to "own" a tube. As far as I know, you cannot bring your own inflatables, so you are at their mercy. Regardless, we entered the river sans tubes, and were instantly aware of the multitude of dead, winged ants sharing the water with us. Lots, and lots, and LOTS of DEAD WINGED ANTS!!! They had employees hanging off walls with nets black with them, and other employees in the water with nets and baffles trying to collect them. It was really disturbing, especially for my son's GF who was terrified of getting in the water and therefor not a happy camper. None of us were, the kids only managed to get on one ride because the lines were so long. I left feeling like I let my family down - after all I was the one that suggested Galveston Schlitterbahn. It will probably be my last time.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank DKLayton
Hello,

Thank you for coming back to our park. I am sorry to hear that this experience wasn't as pleasant as the first time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is not what we normally used to hearing from our guests. We recognize that crowds can be a problem on busy days. We do want our guests to enjoy their experience as much as possible, so we try to warn them of popular days before they enter the park, just in case they are able to choose another day. We posts notices at all admission booths to let guests know when we expect a very busy day, with long lines and limited seating, so they can make an informed choice about coming in.

I realize none of this makes your visit less frustrating. We take our customer-service obligation very seriously at Schlitterbahn and we expect our guests to receive a good value for their family entertainment investment here.

If you would like to discuss your experience more, you are welcome to contact me at galvestonfun@schlitterbahn.com.

Thanks again for visiting and have a great day!