“Wow Loved It!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 3 July 2008

My husband and I have been working a lot of hours so we decided to get away for a few days and I read all the reviews for hotels under $150.00 a night and we decided all this hotel. We got the Jacuzzi Suite with a King bed..... For $99.85 plus tax. It was so much more than what we expected for the money. The Jacuzzi was a rose granite or marble look..... Would definately stay again. The bed was so comfortable. The room was huge. Great pool area. Nice gym. Excellent Customer Service!!!! We needed some directions to the Strand and the front deck clerk was very helpful. He even gave us some tips on great dining areas. Tortuga is good food and Millers is to die for(real home cooking) YUM! I can't say enough good things about this hotel it was definately a GET AWAY!!!!!!!!! They even let us check in early, and our room was ready!

2  Thank Sugarbearldy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed 2 July 2008

My husband and I decided on a quick get-away and booked the room for 2 nights with the hotel the morning of arrival. The hotel rate was about $1.00 less than the lowest rate found anywhere else. The hotel is a little hard to find the first time until you know to look for the Golden Corral as your landmark and turn immediately past the restaurant onto 63rd street. The check in clerk was pleasant and described the services such as the continental breakfast, pool and hot tub. The room was very nice.
Ours had 2 queen beds, stove, frig, table\chairs, marble counters and shower with tiled floors. We even had a little balcony where we feed sea gulls out of our hands. If I had a complaint, it would be the musty smell in the hallway. It only seemed to be in the hallway. The pool is very small but seemed to attract alot of bathers. We didn't use it. You could walk across the street to the beach, Walmart was 2 blocks away and it was only a few miles from Moody Gardens . We would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 25 June 2008

My wife and I stayed two nights. The 23rd and 24th. Everything was alright but the bed. The first morning I woke up my back was killing me, I went to the front desk and told the attendent in which she was not much help. They did try to put me in another room, but wanted to charge extra. So I decided to stay in this room another night, This morning when my wife and I both woke up, both of us was hurting in our backs. Needless to say, I will never stay there again.

Ted Clark

Reviewed 23 June 2008

My husband, myself, and our 2 children spent 3 nights here for a quick little vacation. This is the nicest place that we have stayed on Galveston Island in the $110 price range. The hotel is less than 2 years old, and is nicely decorated. We had a 3rd floor end room/w balcony on the front of the hotel that faced the gulf - it was a nice view. The room was really clean and spacious as was the bath, it has a big granite counter and the bathtub/shower surround was also granite. The room has a microwave and refrigerator and a table w/2 chairs that had plenty of room around it. The windows have great blackout curtains. Free continental breakfast was good - waffles, pastry, fruit, bagels, yogurt, cereals, juice, milk and coffee. The only thing that I can say that I was not impressed with was some of the staff - 2 were really helpful and the other 2 that I asked for info from, seemed to be bothered by me taking up their time. Also I don't know if maybe because they are understaffed - they never answer the front desk phone when I called to retrive messages. The pool/hot tub area was nice also. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2008

We stayed here one night before our cruise. Check in was smooth and easy. The staff was courteous and helpful. Our room was ready and exactly what we had reserved. We had a king bed and a small balcony with two chairs. Our room overlooked the parking lot of another hotel (Super 8) some condos (Casa Del Mar), and if you leaned out you could see the Gulf of Mexico and Seawall Blvd. We had a microwave and small refrigerator in the room and a comfy desk chair and desk. The bed was comfy too. We asked for an extra pillow and blanket and they asked if we could come and get it, so we did. No big deal.

This hotel was difficult to find with the directions I found on yahoo maps. It's on a part of 63rd Street that is newer than the maps. Just remember that it is easier to get there off of Seawall Blvd. Turn in at the entrance for the Comfort Inn (I think that's what it is) or you can get there off of 61st Street if you cut through the Super 8 parking lot. It was a nice hotel. The a/c worked great!! Breakfast was adequate. The waffle makers are in the shape of Texas. :-) It is your typical continental breakfast.

The staff was very helpful and friendly at check out as well.

There is a pool and hot tub in the front of the hotel.

Lots of eating places nearby if you turn left coming out of the road by the hotel.

We left our car here for the duration of our cruise. A cab picked us up and dropped us off. Loved being able to do that.

For the price it was a great value and I would stay here again!! Plus it is a non smoking hotel!!

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank TexasAngel63
Reviewed 1 April 2008

Booked a room 2 months in advance and confirmed 2 days prior to arrival. Arrived to find that the manager had cancelled our reservation the day we were driving and that they had no availability. Didn't even get an apology from the clerk. And the manager wasn't anywhere to be found. (when we got home we found they didn't even attempt to contact us by e-mail or phone about the cancellation).

We had to scramble to find another place to stay and ended having to stay at different hotels each night.
DO NOT book through Baymont's website - they overbook. Our friends who booked and prepaid through Expedia for the same weekend at the same hotel had a room when they arrived.

It doesn't seem right for a hotel to have a 48-hour cancellation policy for the traveller when the hotel can cancel on the day of arrival.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank RelaxedCat
Reviewed 21 February 2008

I must say the reviews are really up and down on this hotel. All we can do is share what we experienced.

The hotel is a little hard to find - I drove by it twice with a map! The check-in went fine and we were really happy with our room. A BIG nice room with a very comfortable bed. We slept great and had nothing bad happen. We were on a high floor about halfway back. We still had a nice view of the ocean and the main street that runs along the beach.

The breakfast stuff was fine - it's not a high dollar hotel. The wireless worked great with lots of routers to choose from.

We made our Wal-Mart run for our cruise stuff (mostly sodas and stuff we forgot). It was almost next door. The hotel is really well located to lots of businesses/restaurants.

We left our car for the free week of parking (that paid fo the hotel) and 15 minutes later we were one the first to board our cruise ship. Then we remembered we left a favorite pillow in the room and call to see if the would keep it for us. They had found and a week later we recovered our pillow. That's not bad management.

We parked out front for the week and except for a little salt spray from the gulf everything was perfect.

No fuss from us!