“*Avoid this crappy motel and not ruin your family vacation*”

Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Texas
“*Avoid this crappy motel and not ruin your family vacation*”
Reviewed 4 July 2008

I had worst experience with this hotel. Hotel manager and staff was
the worst here who didnot want to honor their promised reservation.

I had made reservation for ocean view, 2 queen beds and upon arriving
was offered different room with 2 king beds on ground floor facing parking
lot.I told the receptionist that this is not what I had made reservation for.

After few minutes and checking with her manager, she came back after few
minutes saying that I have two options, either take ocean view room or
take the crappy room on ground floor and take $10 discount for the motel
mistake. I told her that I had made reservation for ocean view and I dont
want her $10 discount for crappy room. She went back and talked to her manager
and came back with keys to the ocean view room.

We went and settled into the room and barely 10 minutes later, receptionist
called my room phone and said that she is sorry but she has to move us to the
same crappy ground floor room since this ocean view room is taken. She said
manager is ready to give $15 discount for the mistake. I said no and she
said either I have take what they are offering or we have LEAVE the motel.
I was very disappointed considering I was left with no choice but to accept
the motel's offer. I went back to front desk, took the keys and told her
I was very disappointed with motel service and I will write complaint.

We went and settled into the crappy room and barely 10 minutes later, manager
calls and talks in rude voice that if I am not happy ,then I should leave
the motel since there are so many motels close by and I should not have any
problem finding one. I asked him how did hotel make reservation if they didnot
have this room and all he came up with was that the last guest overstayed and
caused all this issue. I was very unhappy with tone of the conversation and
decided to leave motel. This was on July 1 but I decided Any place but this
crappy staff. Luckily, I found place next door in Comfort inn and it costed me
$20 extra.

The whole experience showed Baymont, Galveston, TX
1: Manager and staff was very unprofessional and Rude.
2: Motel didnot want to honor their reservation.
3: Lacked basic courtesy

• Stayed July 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Lumberton, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2008

My husband and I have been working a lot of hours so we decided to get away for a few days and I read all the reviews for hotels under $150.00 a night and we decided all this hotel. We got the Jacuzzi Suite with a King bed..... For $99.85 plus tax. It was so much more than what we expected for the money. The Jacuzzi was a rose granite or marble look..... Would definately stay again. The bed was so comfortable. The room was huge. Great pool area. Nice gym. Excellent Customer Service!!!! We needed some directions to the Strand and the front deck clerk was very helpful. He even gave us some tips on great dining areas. Tortuga is good food and Millers is to die for(real home cooking) YUM! I can't say enough good things about this hotel it was definately a GET AWAY!!!!!!!!! They even let us check in early, and our room was ready!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
2 Thank Sugarbearldy
Belton, TX
Reviewed 2 July 2008

My husband and I decided on a quick get-away and booked the room for 2 nights with the hotel the morning of arrival. The hotel rate was about $1.00 less than the lowest rate found anywhere else. The hotel is a little hard to find the first time until you know to look for the Golden Corral as your landmark and turn immediately past the restaurant onto 63rd street. The check in clerk was pleasant and described the services such as the continental breakfast, pool and hot tub. The room was very nice.
Ours had 2 queen beds, stove, frig, table\chairs, marble counters and shower with tiled floors. We even had a little balcony where we feed sea gulls out of our hands. If I had a complaint, it would be the musty smell in the hallway. It only seemed to be in the hallway. The pool is very small but seemed to attract alot of bathers. We didn't use it. You could walk across the street to the beach, Walmart was 2 blocks away and it was only a few miles from Moody Gardens . We would definitely stay again.

• Liked — clean room
  • Disliked — musty hall smell
Starks, la
Reviewed 25 June 2008

My wife and I stayed two nights. The 23rd and 24th. Everything was alright but the bed. The first morning I woke up my back was killing me, I went to the front desk and told the attendent in which she was not much help. They did try to put me in another room, but wanted to charge extra. So I decided to stay in this room another night, This morning when my wife and I both woke up, both of us was hurting in our backs. Needless to say, I will never stay there again.

Ted Clark

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — The Bed, did not get any good rest!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Louisiana
Reviewed 23 June 2008

My husband, myself, and our 2 children spent 3 nights here for a quick little vacation. This is the nicest place that we have stayed on Galveston Island in the $110 price range. The hotel is less than 2 years old, and is nicely decorated. We had a 3rd floor end room/w balcony on the front of the hotel that faced the gulf - it was a nice view. The room was really clean and spacious as was the bath, it has a big granite counter and the bathtub/shower surround was also granite. The room has a microwave and refrigerator and a table w/2 chairs that had plenty of room around it. The windows have great blackout curtains. Free continental breakfast was good - waffles, pastry, fruit, bagels, yogurt, cereals, juice, milk and coffee. The only thing that I can say that I was not impressed with was some of the staff - 2 were really helpful and the other 2 that I asked for info from, seemed to be bothered by me taking up their time. Also I don't know if maybe because they are understaffed - they never answer the front desk phone when I called to retrive messages. The pool/hot tub area was nice also. I would stay here again.

• Liked — It's new / spacious room & bath
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2008

We stayed here one night before our cruise. Check in was smooth and easy. The staff was courteous and helpful. Our room was ready and exactly what we had reserved. We had a king bed and a small balcony with two chairs. Our room overlooked the parking lot of another hotel (Super 8) some condos (Casa Del Mar), and if you leaned out you could see the Gulf of Mexico and Seawall Blvd. We had a microwave and small refrigerator in the room and a comfy desk chair and desk. The bed was comfy too. We asked for an extra pillow and blanket and they asked if we could come and get it, so we did. No big deal.

This hotel was difficult to find with the directions I found on yahoo maps. It's on a part of 63rd Street that is newer than the maps. Just remember that it is easier to get there off of Seawall Blvd. Turn in at the entrance for the Comfort Inn (I think that's what it is) or you can get there off of 61st Street if you cut through the Super 8 parking lot. It was a nice hotel. The a/c worked great!! Breakfast was adequate. The waffle makers are in the shape of Texas. :-) It is your typical continental breakfast.

The staff was very helpful and friendly at check out as well.

There is a pool and hot tub in the front of the hotel.

Lots of eating places nearby if you turn left coming out of the road by the hotel.

We left our car here for the duration of our cruise. A cab picked us up and dropped us off. Loved being able to do that.

For the price it was a great value and I would stay here again!! Plus it is a non smoking hotel!!

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank TexasAngel63
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2008

Booked a room 2 months in advance and confirmed 2 days prior to arrival. Arrived to find that the manager had cancelled our reservation the day we were driving and that they had no availability. Didn't even get an apology from the clerk. And the manager wasn't anywhere to be found. (when we got home we found they didn't even attempt to contact us by e-mail or phone about the cancellation).

We had to scramble to find another place to stay and ended having to stay at different hotels each night.
DO NOT book through Baymont's website - they overbook. Our friends who booked and prepaid through Expedia for the same weekend at the same hotel had a room when they arrived.

It doesn't seem right for a hotel to have a 48-hour cancellation policy for the traveller when the hotel can cancel on the day of arrival.

• Disliked — They didn't honor my reservations.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business