“Good but pricey” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston

Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Galveston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Humble
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I agree with some of the other reviews. I enjoyed my balcony and would have like to have seen more of the water. I did see a nice sunrise though. The hotel is difficult to find and my GPS sent me to the wrong place. The price is great for Galveston. The breakfast was almost nil but the Golden Corral is right in front of the hotel. The room was clean and quiet. I will have to be remodeled in the next few years though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for all the wonderful comments and helpful tips you have provided. Here at the Baymont we strive for excellence, and treat our guests with the highest standard of service. Thank you again for making Baymont your home away from home, we hope to see in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel was a little difficult to find. It is actually located behind a Golden Corral restaurant. So don't waste money on an ocean view because you are not close enough to the water to enjoy the view. However, I did get a room with a balcony. I was able to sit outside and enjoy the night air. If the balcony is important to you, carefully select your view when you register. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were a good size. I had a nice quiet stay. Having the refrigerator and microwave in the room was very important to me. The room had a safe in it. They also had continental breakfast in the mornings. That was a plus also. I stayed here around March 15, 2013. This was during spring break. I enjoyed myself on the island so much that I wanted to stay another day. FYI, during spring break the rates double as you get closer to spring break unless you have a reservation. This is with most hotels in Galveston. try to reserve a room for no less that 3 days. Believe me, you will run out of time because their are so many attractions on the island. Moody Gardens, Schlitterbahn, Stewart Beach, Strand, Pleasure Pier, the list goes on. You can get better deals if you reserve ahead of time for spring break. I reserved early and got a great deal with Baymont Suites. This hotel was close to everything. Walking distance to the beach. I like where this hotel is located. I like to conveniently be where the action is, but not sleep where the action is. I want quite at night. It was quiet here.

Room Tip: You can chose whether or not to have a microwave and refrigerator. Ask about ocean views.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Brownsville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here twice. Generally clean and low-priced. A bit dated, but just a bit. Some of the fixtures and trim seem cheap and a bit rickety, but at these prices I wasn't expecting the Hyatt Regency. This is a generally clean and comfortable hotel that is just fine for the budget traveler like me. Staff is friendly which is a plus

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank oldways
baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 28 October 2013