“Average Experience”

Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Galveston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. Phones in room didnt work, air/heat made loud noises. I waited all day to get in a room after I was told by Jenny that they would have a room ready around 12:00. AGAIN THE STAFF BEHIND THE COUNTER (Tim) DID NOT CARE. I requested to change rooms and was told no. I asked to speak with a manager and I was told the manger did not want to speak with anyone. After Tim had to go behind close doors to supposly call the manager because I requested to speak with her only for him to come back and tell me she did not want to speak with anyone and that they were refunding my money and I needed to find another hotel. Stunned that a hotel would do this. Manager is a coward. Does not take care of their customers. The pictures on their website are nothing like the real thing. Everything in the rooms seem broke. After going to another hotel which was much nicer and cleaner and things worked and me telling them what happened, they took very good care of me and my family. They to were stunned that the manager did not come out and speak with me and could have very easily took care of the situation. All we wanted was a clean room with phones and heater that actually worked which is what I paid for and reserved 2 weeks in advance. BUYERS DO NOT STAY HERE. POOR MANAGEMENT AND HORRIBLE DESK STAFF!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, they may be cheaper but you get what you pay for. horrible service, bad manager, a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank christy R
baymontinngalveston, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Sorry to hear that you did not have good experience, we hope to get a second chance to better serve you in the future.
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

A family member recommended this hotel and we were very pleased with not only the location but also with the price of this Wyndham group of hotels (members earn points towards free stays or products). Our one night stay cost only $55 which included a complementary hot breakfast. It is about a block from the Gulf and within walking distance of many restaurants and a large Kroger store. The lobby is nicely appointed and the rooms were spacious, clean and modern. Our room had a small balcony overlooking a historical site. There is an outdoor pool with a small lounging area. The breakfast room is not large but satisfactory. We definitely want to return to the Galveston area and we intend on staying at this same location (perhaps there are weekly/monthly rates).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gibby41
baymontinngalveston, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for all your comments, we are looking forward to have you back in our hotel.