“One Of Our Favorite Restaurants”

Sunflower Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the heart of Galveston's historic East End.Featuring fresh Gulf seafood, homemade sandwiches, and the best bakery in town.The Sunflower is everyone's favorite neighborhood cafe.
League City, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One Of Our Favorite Restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

It's all good! Food awesome. Great bakery for yummies to take home. Very interesting little shop in back where I almost always find something to buy.

“Broad menu offerings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We hit just right and did not have to wait at Noon on a Saturday. Eggs Benedict were excellent, as was the chicken salad, and potato soap. Service was a little slow but it was crowded.

Houston, Texas, USA
“Very good brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

On a busy late Saturday morning, we stopped in for brunch. My stuffed avocado was pretty good - 1/2 stuffed w tuna salad and the other half stuffed w chicken salad. The "side" salad was marginal - shredded lettuce and few pieces of shredded carrots w a tiny bit of oil and vinegar. I might have thought my meal was better had I not tasted my husband's dish! Truly one of yummiest egg dishes I have ever had. Carne Asada w eggs. An incredible corn cake on the bottom, smothered w carne asada and 2 eggs over easy on top w a sprinkle of cheese and a few tortilla strips. The waiter also brought some fresh pico w spicy, spicy Serrano peppers in it. Yum! There were also roasted potatoes on the plate - very nice companion for the dish. Problem is, this was a daily special. So sad... Apparently we have no idea when this will be the chef's decision again. All I know is that I wanted a whole plate of the asada - simply wonderful.

Great service and really fair prices for quality and quantity of the food.

Houston, Texas
“Great Breakfast Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We went to breakfast at the Sunflower Bakery while visiting Galveston. It was the perfect choice. I am very picky about Eggs Benedict and was not disappointed. They were perfect. My husband got the ham quiche which was also very good. We will definitely go back.

• Visited August 2014
“Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Demaciado bueno good very good ilove the restauran the sunflawer bakery :::::::::::;;:;;:;:;;;__.,,?!!'''""""!?..;;:;,,?,,_?__-?__-__;,,_,;_,;,-,;_;:,???!''#())''?__,;,,;?____;;:?_?#?((#_-;-.,##(