“Very Friendly Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Most friendly staff of anywhere I've ever stayed. As a Hilton Honors member I had the opportunity to have a 2 PM late check out since my husband was in a seminar all day. This hotel is too far away for a view of the water, but we weren't there for the view. The room was much larger than I anticipated with a sofa and microwave and refrigerator in a small bar area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston

Reviewed 23 June 2013

great place for a family vacation. the staff was amazing and nice. close to the beach; walking distance. very clean and nice. the beds were super comfy. the bad things about it were the tv, it was very slow and kind of aggravating. there wasnt much parking under the hotel so we had to park on the outside in the sun. and the breakfast wasnt what we expected. no meat. just basic fruits and biscuits. but i would definantly come back in a heartbeat

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stay at this Hampton almost every year when we go to Galveston with our kids. Great location, nice rooms, nice pool...nothing fancy, but it's always nice. We love the free breakfast at Hamptons too - you can't beat it! We felt that this stay was over-priced, but all of the Galveston hotels were over-priced, and at least the Hampton didn't require a 2 or 3 night minimum like a lot of them.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Great place and very fresh and clean. The parking is very good and safe. Breakfast is better than most Hamptons and the staff is very respectful and helpful. Microwave and Fridge in the room to help keep cost down if you are traveling wiht a family.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Room was fine. Upon arrival in loby the smell was rather overwhelming. Nor sure if cleaner or what, but not pleasant. Lobby was not very clean, food on floor, tables sticky. Service was adequate, but. there was not enthusiasm or feeling that they really wanted to help.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We always try to find a Hampton when we travel. This Hampton was clean, staff was very friendly, only a block or so from the main street on Galveston Island and very fairly priced. Pool needed a little repair but was clean.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I recently had to spend the night in Galveston on business and since I am a Hilton Honors member I chose the Hampton Inn & Suites. I was a little disappointed that it did not overlook the seawall and Gulf of Mexico but being only a half block away, I could still smell the fresh ocean air.
Upon arrival, I was greeted by a friendly staff member who promptly checked me in, upgraded me to a suite, and gave me a snack to take to my room. The room was a large corner suite that had a couch, table, chairs and writing desk in one half of the room and a king bed with two nightstands in the other half. A 37 inch flat screen TV could be seen from anywhere in the room. When I was leaving to go out to eat, I asked the staff member for recommendations and she gladly provided me with a printed list of all the area restaurants grouped by type of cuisine, then gave me her own suggestions. Very helpful!
After dining and walking along the seawall for a bit, I returned to my room and did some work at the desk with my laptop. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. My only complaint is that the curtains didn't close all the way and the morning light woke me up earlier than I intended. The hotel has a self-serve hot and cold breakfast which was surprisingly good. The best part was the half moon shaped mini egg, ham and cheese omelets. Very good quality breakfast. At checkout, staff was very nice and friendly. Overall, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business