“Above average quality / value”

Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The only non-smoking, king bedroom available during our stay was the handicap accessible room on the 1st floor. It's a larger room and if available for the same price, I'll book it again. The hotel was clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is fair. Not within walking distance of much on Galveston Island, unless you want to walk to Walmart. Breakfast is average, but not bad for a free hot meal. The free in-room wifi and free parking are also nice perks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darkstar218

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Reservation was wrong. once in proper room we found bugs on the bed and in the carpet. Bed sheets were changed however following day there were more bugs. During breakfast, dirty tables remained dirty for over 1 hour. Staff seems to strugle to give "customer service". Never

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe R
islandhampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Joe R,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at our property. I want to personally apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had with us. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur, and we have already contacted them in regards to this situation. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you'll give us another chance and stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Soaked at the sea. Not up to standards of other Hampton Inns. Although the park stay and go was very nice and the car was safe during our week long cruise, I would not recommend this Hampton Inn. Our room air conditioner looked all over our clothes and books. Thank goodness we had no electronics by the air conditioner or they would have shorted our and may have caused a fire. The staff was very unconcerned about our problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Leslie W

Leslie W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of you recent stay with us at our hotel. We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience. We always want to make sure that our guests have working amenities and I apologize that we fell short of our normally high standards. I have notified our maintenance staff of your issues in an effort to make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you'll give us another chance and stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family loved staying at the Hampton Inn. It was clean and quiet and just a block away from the beach. The complimentary breakfast was also well made and tasty. We stayed here before getting on our Disney Cruise Line vacation and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Excellent new physical facility, clean,secure, mice little balcony on west wide, right next to Wal-Mart with some covered parking. They were unaware we had our Service Dog with us, it was on page 2 of the reservation and went un-noticed. The oatmeal at breakfast was cold all 3 days. Another couple on Saturday night had a rate of $89 vs our $139. Where did that come from?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was an excellent stay for our honeymoon night! Our room was decorated with rose pedals and bottle of champagne along with chocolate covered strawberries (coursesy of my mom). Thanks to the hotel for allowing her to arrive early to decorate the room. It was absolutely an incredible night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I went to the Hotel to speak with hotel management regarding the room charge the following day. I explained the emergency situation and asked if part of my room charge be refunded or if I could receive a room credit. Since I was not able to stay there that Sat night. The hotel management lied to me regarding how I could have the issue resolved by calling 800-HAMPTON guest services, which was incorrect. Hampton guest services forwarded me to Hilton guest services which in turn called back to the Hampton to remind them a letter was sent to the hotel that they could overturn the charge. Two days later the Hampton manager sent me an email saying why he wouldn't refund. He didn't offer any solutions to my issue and to this date has not returned my call to him. Like every other working person, I have no desire to give away my hard earned money. It is clear Hampton Manager Neel Shah does not value my future business, does not respect my Hilton Honors membership, and obviously does not care if I ever stayed at another Hilton again as long as he keeps all of my money, for a night I wasn't able to stay. I will still stay at my Hotel of first choice Hilton but I will never stay at that Hampton in Galveston. I will soon tweet my displeasure with that Hampton Galveston.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donald T

Donald T,

First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with our staff regarding a billing issue. We always aim to make sure that our guests feel valued and respected and I apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to us again in an effort to fix this issue.