“Great place to stay”

Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Lake Charles, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel was clean, the staff was helpful and the complimentary breakfast was awesome! We only stayed one night and did not have time to use the pool or the workout facilities, so I'll make no comment on those. The hotel was conveniently located near many local restaurants and activities and was very easy to find.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Clint B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I love Hampton. They are clean, a good value and typically consistent. I stay at them almost exclusively when traveling, but 2 of my stays have had ruined and very uncomfortable comforters. This on is included in those 2. The comforter on the bed had been laundered. Typically Hampton uses duvets which can be washed. This Hampton seems to have washed the comforter itself. The problem with laundering the comforter itself is that it ruins the stuffing in each box -- bunching it into a ball and making it terribly uncomfortable. That being said, the bed itself and the pillows provided were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Arizona
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 months on buisness. The lady at the front desk (Toye) was absolutely awesome! If I ever have to come back it will be because of her. She is the most friendly down to earth woman I've met. It was because of her I had a great stay. I did have to request a room change once because of children not being controlled by their parents at 1030 at night but other than that it was great. Comfortable beds great showers and even the cleaning staff left me exactly what I asked for (more coffee)! Good breakfast. The seaweed was overwhelming but I wasn't on vacation so it was no big deal for me. Defiantly would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank DHetrick
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The toilet in our room wouldn't stop running. When maintenance finally showed up without even any tools or parts, he claimed he fixed it. Nope. Made it worse. Loud repetitive noise that never stopped. The woman at the front desk told us maintenance said they fixed it so if we weren't happy we could get out. She never offered to move us to another room or even hotel. She was beyond rude and was threatening. We left and drove almost an hour away after midnight to stay elsewhere. This hotel is not worth the money. Absolutely horrendous.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank JennHenley
islandhampton, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions are important to us.

Kind regards,
Shamsah Mukhida
409-744-5600
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We checked into our room a bit after 3. We got a room with balcony and the room feels very small... crowded. We can see the gulf but mostly the WalMart. The beach is unusable due to the high amount of seaweed so we thought we would try the pool. There are chunks if plaster missing and a cover missing to a jet or drain on the steps into the pool. The water level was way too high for the scimmer baskets to be effective. Came back to take a shower before dinner and the shower head and water pressure are horrible. We have been waiting for almost 45 minutes for someone to come and fix the toilet. It's been running for the last hour. I've been removing the tank lid and fixing it all afternoon but for $309 a night I shouldn't have to!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank henlede
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Nice, Clean Rooms, Friendly Helpful Staff, Not on the beach but a Great location, Close to everything. Breakfast was amazing for a Hotel breakfast !! Very Comfortable place to stay up to date and modern Hotel.

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank carbull3
California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I tend to stay at Hampton Inns when we travel. This one was one of the friendliest locations we have experienced. The room was nice and clean but didn't have a great view. It is located an easy walk to the pier, restaurants and shopping. The staff made our stay enjoyable with fine southern hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple