“Excellence” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Katy, United States
“Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were extremely happy with this hotel. We were running late for a wedding and the front desk helped us to get checked in very fast. It was extremely clean, friendly and we would recommend to others as a very good place to stay in Galveston. We hope to return in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Judy K K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. It has everything you need, but not like a resort. It's a block off of the beach but great hotel if you are going to have a week vacation. Walmart is directly across the street. It has a fridge and microwave, which saved us a lot of money! And they have free breakfast. Another plus is they had 2 queen beds!!! The pool is very small and the jacuzzi was broken but then the beach is a block away. I would stay there again very budget friendly.

Stayed July 2014
Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was a beautiful view and pool was wonderful. Staff was very friendly and courteous. However, the floors weren't clean, there was mold growing on the ceiling, my husband says there is mold in the AC. He started of with sinus trouble and now it's in my lungs and sinus. The night after we checked out we all got better.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Humble, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I traveled to galveston for the night. It was busy on the weekend but it seemed like a great place to go for fun. The beds were comfortable & the staff were excellent. Also the breakfast! I will definatly stay at the Hampton in galveston again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Three months prior to checking in I booked a smoking room. The day I arrived the front desk staff was friendly and helpful but I was told they did not have any smoking rooms since they were a non-smoking hotel now. They told me I could smoke on the balcony of the room. It would have been nice if I was notified ahead of time that they had gone non-smoking. This happened once before at another hotel and they notified me that they had gone non-smoking. It would be nice if Hampton Inn did this. They room was clean and quiet so it was a nice stay. There was one problem with going out on the balcony to smoke. They had double doors going out to the balcony and they both opened at the same time. There was no way to lock the doors. I told the front desk about this the following morning and was told they were hard to lock anyway. Since I was checking out I wasn't going to try and explain that they would not lock - period. The breakfast is the usual Hampton Inn breakfast. Once again the front desk staff checking in was friendly and helpful, the room was quiet and clean. The only problem was I didn't get the room I had reserved.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Abbeville, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Skip this place. We went and occupied several rooms. Tvs did not work in any of the rooms. The rooms were not very clean. Management was rude when we complained. Said we were the ones who chose that hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 123forme
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My daughter and I recently spent 2 nights at The Hampton Inn and Suites in Galveston, TX while attending a dance competition with my granddaughter. Our room was very spacious and spotless. It had a microwave and refrigerator, king bed, sofa sleeper, desk and flat screen television. We had a little bit of a view of the Gulf of Mexico. A full, tasty breakfast was included in the rate. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. We enjoyed the pool. The hotel was near many restaurants and sights as well as the convention center where my granddaughter was dancing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Galveston.

Room Tip: You will pay more for a view of the gulf, but our room had a bit of a view.
Green Features: This hotel was very environmentally-friendly. They are making every effort to be as green as possible, another reason to love this property and this chain.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family