“Glad we stayed here before our Cruise”

Comfort Suites Galveston
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Austin, Texas
“Glad we stayed here before our Cruise”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Only stayed here one night before we left on a Cruise. Rooms were clean and Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was well maintained and enjoyable. Front desk staff was available and helpful. Parking was well lit and easy in and out. Close to Restaurants.

Room Tip: 15 minutes from Port of Galveston.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of myself and our Staff...It was a pleasure serving you! Our team trys their best everyday to be professional, friendly and fun! We're very happy that your stay was enjoyable and that perhaps you will continue to stay with us when you are in Galveston!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Of course you can find a flaw or two in any hotel or motel if that is what is most important to you.
Here you have Miguel, Alex, and Pam who from the moment of check in through all the time you are there make you feel as if you are "at home", and the most important person in their day.
The shuttle driver, Dic

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for taking a few moments and offering your feedback about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate hearing from our Guests!

I have said in other reviews that it is our Staff that truly sets us apart from other properties. It is there kindness, friendliness and professionalism that makes our Hotel what it is. I want to thank you for recognizing our associates. The motivation and positive feedback offered will only drive them to greater heights.

I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Galveston!
West, Texas
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Very nice place with friendly, accommodating staff. When making the reservation by phone, due to questions I had, Eric, a manager was great! The room was clean and after checking prices of other hotels this was the most affordable. The only drawback, if you can call it that, is that they only have one shuttle that can accommodate 10 people to take you to the cruise terminal and pick you up, which can limit your choice of times to go to the terminal and possibly a rather long wait to be picked up. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
davidajd...Thank you for your comments about our Hotel and your stay! We really appreciate the feedback. We enjoyed serving you and look forward to being able to do so again in the future!
You are correct in regards to our shuttle and the possible long return times (sometimes) due to size and other factors beyond our control. It is something Ownership has been appraised of and we are currently looking to address that situation.
We look forward to seeing you again! Happy Travels!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is a wonderful hotel to stay at. Miquel and Christine at the front desk are friendly and helpful. I was waiting for a important package and they called me the second it arrived at the hotel. Dennis, the shuttle driver is very nice and made the quick trip to the pier with ease. Great to stay in a quiet area and still be close to things. They have good security for watching your car and are quick to respond. We had some kids messing with cars and they were outside handling the situation within seconds. Shuttle is $20 round trip and parking is included in room rate. Would stay here again, hopefully for a longer visit next time. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! It was a pleasure serving you during your stay. I can't wait to share your praise with Miguel, Christina, Dennis and the rest of our team! It's always a positive when things are done to the level we strive for and your comments will only motivate us more!
We look forward to seeing you again (maybe for a longer visit)! Thank you again and happy travels!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Comfort Inn was superior. Attractive setting. Very friendly staff. Large beautiful room w refridge, desk, wifi, luxury beds. Spotless. Breakfast was great. Enjoyed fitness room. Everyone from reception to maid friendly and helpful. Can't wait to return

Stayed January 2014
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Wow! What a fantastic way to start of the New Year! Thank you! I can't tell you how much your words mean to the Staff (and myself). We have things we need to continue to improve on and iniatives that we want to see develop in 2014. Such kind words really motivates us as a Team to continue trying our best everyday!
We look forward to hopefully seeing you again! Happy New Year!
Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay at this Comfort Suites in the past year. Have always experienced friendly and accommodating staff at the front desk as well as the nice lady in the breakfast area. The rooms are clean, comfy, and spacious for the price. We like that it's not on the busy and louder area of the seawall, but still not too far from attractions and restaurants. Thank you! We keep coming back :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingforFunTexas
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
TravelingforFunTexas...

Thank you for the kind words and the positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to let us (and others) know how we're doing! Just as we share the negative, we always share the positive too and the Staff will be happy to hear that we provided you with an excellant stay!
Thank you also for being a repeat guest. That is the highest compliment we could recieve! It lets us know that we are doing things right. It brings a smile to our faces when we execute and perform to not only our expectations, but to the guest's as well!
I hope we will see you for trip number 4 and look forward to taking care of you again soon!
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Staff was nice and greeted me when I entered. First impression of the room (Rm 128) was it looked great. After settling in my wife got in the bed and said, this comforter smells like BO. Sure enough it did... I requested another one and we went out for dinner. When we got back they brought a new one and just put it on the bed all folded up. No big deal... I can unfold the king sized comforter and put it over the bed. After watching some TV there were some weird buzzing noises coming from the walls, low tone so I could push it out. We decided we would go to the hot tub and in the bathroom it says to get a towel from the front desk - don't if you want an actual towel. The towel we received was tiny and I'm a 6' 190 lbs man - not large. This thing could barely go around me much less dry me since it had been washed a billion times. Oh almost forgot that the gate for the pool didn't actually work and had to be opened from the inside. After that, we wanted some ice cream, so we bought the $3 pint. After eating some in the room, we then find that the fridge does not work... Breakfast was good. It has shower tubs btw.

After telling the front desk about all this the next morning he just states "sorry about that, we will tell the proper department".

How about giving me a coupon or offering me a partial refund. Something that actually is worth my time then a passive regret that might not get passed on after I leave...

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gbsmith002
Thank you for your review and your feedback. Although it sounds like we had a couple of items that deserved our attention (and better communication to you)...We appreciate that you stayed with us, gave us positive things as well and have given us the chance to correct these items thanks to your feedback!
I have no idea as to what caused the odor you say was on (in) the bedspread. You may have noticed how wrinkled they tend to look...that is because we wash them constantly. It mishapens and wrinkles the insert. I apologize for this having happened and will add that an entirely new bedding package will be installed at the first of the year. I would also like to add that the bedspread should have been placed properly on your bed, not just sat in the room and we will be addressing that with the Staff.
Yes our pool towels are smaller than the towels we place in the room. While some of that may be due to washing, I can tell you that they are already small to begin with. We will look at this situation and see if we can do something about that.
As for the fridge in your room not working...sadly that is something I could not account for or have foreseen. Less than 48 hours prior to your occupying the room the fridge was indeed working. I know this to be true because the guest prior to you left a small birthday cake in there and I retrieved it for them. The fridge was nice and cool at that time. I am sorry it stopped working and while it doesn't take away from the fact that it didn't work for you, we have since replaced the unit.
We have no knowledge of a low buzzing sound in the room, but I promise you we will look into it. We have never had that mentioned to us before.
The pool gate should never "not work". We are investigating that issue as I type this response. Thank you for mentioning this as it is a possible lefe & safety issue!

On behalf of the Ownership and the Staff I would like to again extend my apologies for the disruption in service you incurred. We always aim to get it 100% right...sometimes we come up short. It is feedback like this that allows us to recognize when we have failed to produce and that allows us to get better. I would appreciate if you would consider our property again in the future and allow us to show you that we are better than what you witnessed.