“Scary Stay”

Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
zip 45331
“Scary Stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2010

My wife and I checked into the hotel in mid afternoon. Everything was fine until the evening time and I realized we needed more towels. When I got to the front desk, I overheard the staff bragging about a gun they brought to work. A GUN! Normally I don't complain, but workers taking up arms coming to work means either 1. the business is in a bad, bad neighborhood or 2. the workers don't belong there. Needless to say, I forgot the towels and promply went to my room, deadbolting the door behind me.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank bilsteve
ComfortSuites885, manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, 3 March 2010
Our policy for our employees and guest states No firearms are allowed in the hotel as a public domain. Unfortunatly I can not control the their personal acitivities out side of the work.
Unfortunaly this guest overheard about the purschase of a firearm by gun enthusist. who is an emplyee of my hotel but does not reflect his work performance only personal preference of owning a firearm. His purchase was for hunting not for personal protection.

Our hotel is located one of the safest area of galveston. We also perform background check for all our employees.
Our primary goal is to probvide a safe and secure environment for all our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 23 February 2010

5 friends stayed at this hotel prior to leaving on a cruise. We were so pleased with the service we received. The hotel was was very clean and the people who work there were very friendly and helpful.
We also enjoyed the breakfast before leaving for the ship terminal. It was a plus to have a shuttle take us and our luggage to the pier and pick us up after the cruise.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for one night or a week or longer.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank SanAntonio_TXJayJay
Houston
Reviewed 5 February 2010

I went to the web site 3 days in advance and cancelled 2 of my 5 rooms but their website apparently had a glitch in it because my reservations were not cancelled. and I was told I had to pay for all 5. I offered to split them - I would pay for one if they would remove one - but they were unwilling to even entertain the idea. The $79 is apparently more important to them than negative reviews. .

Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank runnergirl262
Illinois
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Had 2 rooms reserved for 1/2/10. Some of our group were delayed because of an airline problem. We informed the hotel as soon as we knew there was a problem, and were told they could hold room until midnight without charge. When we knew for sure we weren't gong use one room, we let them know (it was in the afternoon). We were still charged. Not by mistake they said they had a 48 hour cancellation policy. It was a very stressful day and this hotel made it even worse.

Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank Cobie
texas
Reviewed 6 November 2009

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. Upon arriving the staff was very helpful and checked us in promptly. Our room was a king bed suite that faced the ocean. The room was a good size with a sleeper sofa and one TV. The room had a door that opened to the balcony. The bar and bathroom had nice granite countertops. The balcony rooms have a nice view of the Gulf. Since the hotel sits back a short distance from the Seawall, there is not any road noise in the rooms. The breakfast was the typical Comfort Suites breakfast. The staff replenished items quickly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting Galveston.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank rdwacw
Conroe, Tx
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This was a great place and afforable. The hotel was really nice, the rooms were very nice and clean but the beds could have been softer for me. There was someone cleaning the pool everyday. There was a wide range in choses of the breakfast. The staff was very attentive and helpful. And we were really close to everything that we did. Would stay here again next time we visit the island..

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank LindaLouConroe_Tx
hugo ok
Reviewed 3 August 2009

i was shocked to find out the breakfast ended at 9:30 since most people who stay here are on vacation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family