“Should make people aware of the dogs before reserving.”

Coppersmith Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 11 Galveston B&B and Inns
Garland, TX
“Should make people aware of the dogs before reserving.”
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I LOVE dogs, but the dogs at the Coppersmith could be a problem for people who don't love them as much as I do. They get on the sofa and chairs and growl if you try to move them and one of them left a "present" in one of our rooms. I think the owners should let people know ahead of time about the dogs. Also we were there for 2 nights and our rooms were not straightened up after the first night. The place is lovely and the breakfasts are GREAT! Ellen and her Mom are wonderful hosts.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gmom64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 22 February 2010

My wife treated me to a birthday weekend in Galveston this February. We had a wonderful stay at the Coppersmith. The owner and her staff (her friendly mom) made sure we were well fed and comfortable. I highly recommend the inn for a quiet and relaxing weekend.

Rod and Ondina, Houston, TX

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston Texas
Reviewed 18 December 2009

Located on a lovely quiet street, the Coppersmith in is a gem -if a little bit rough. The owners are very friendly, full of information, with two cute little dogs - which helped me with my homesickness over my own dogs - our room had a great balcony - I think we spent most of our time out there! Breakfast was huge and everyone had a good time talking round the table. Other b&b's I've been to have separate tables but this was friendly and cozy with one big "family" table. We had a ropmantic night out and came back to our room to decorated chocolates and fruit on a silver tray and champange with romantic music playing (except the player got stuck so we turned it off - only glitch) and 'candlelight" (the pretend kind - real candles would be dangerous in an old home like this!). As it is the owners home, they had grandchildren( very cute and well behaved!) visit while we were there so if you don't enjoy being part of a family while you're staying then maybe you should try another place. They have a separate Cottage which was more private and I would love to stay there when I can stay for a longer visit.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sojourners2
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2009

coppersmith inn is a precious, stunning architectural gem of the l800's, surviving both of the great storms. Ellen, the owner has done a remarkable job, this house is huge! her breakfasts are renown . ive spoken to several others and hey don't offer anything like she does. FULL MEAL DEAL!! the grounds have come back and are quite lush, even tho the summer heat has been brutal. it is a quiet anad relaxed place. she has 2 dogs that are adorable and welcoming. i would recommend Coppersmith Inn to anyone wanting a nice, clean, cozy get-a-way and i will go back, i'd like to see it decorated for the holidays. it would have to be fabulos! anne and don dees, seven points, texas

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fannie5
London
Reviewed 31 July 2009

The previous review was written 7 years ago - how I wsh I had noticed that when we booked! Since then ownership has changed hands. We stopped for one night - which was enough! For $175 a night, this place is not good value. The room was huge, but very dark and not particularly clean. Breakfast was at 9am - no negociation! It consisted of a greasy cheese and potato omelette, cold bacon ( which had been sat on the table for quite a time) and potatoes. Again, no choice. The hospitality fridge consisted of another guest's leftover food and a small pitcher of sour wine ( again, I think it had been sat there for some time). Not sure where the great garden is that the previous reviewer refers to - not evident when we stayed! You must like dogs too - the owner has two. Lots of places to stop in this great place - I would recommend somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MaryleeLondon
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 May 2002

Coppersmith is on the same street as we are. Sold three years ago to a lovely couple from Dallas, The Coppersmith has under gone a complete redo. New rooms, all private baths and great food. There are beautiful gardens and a carriage house with a jaccuzzi. This one is a must see.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member