“Casa del Mar - Galveston”

Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
DeSoto, Texas
“Casa del Mar - Galveston”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is currently undergoing renovation. It didn't seem to be a problem except at check-in. We were advised that we could check-in at 4 P.M. but due to the construction, certain rooms were not available. Therefore we had to wait approx. 2 hours until a room was cleaned and prepared for our stay. The only other detraction from our stay is the bedroom window is on the hallway where people enter and exit their rooms. The head of the bed is next to this window, thus making it difficult to sleep when people come and go all hours of the night; or carry on cell phone conversations in the hallway. The hotel is in a great location to the beach and restaurants.
The hotel has two pools, one is heated the other is not. The room has a small kitchen, which made it nice to prepare simple meals, and save money for evening meals at local restaurants.
The balcony door provided a nice view of the beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeeMcCL59
KarenGalveston_Texas, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to report that we are wrapping up our renovation projects this week which will eliminate future issues with late check ins. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Orange, Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ideal location for Galveston island. Not in the middle of all the hub bub, but close enough to enjoy the entire island. Have been visiting Galveston for over 35 years & this was my first stay here. I wish I had known about it years earlier. I was attending a meeting that was held at the Casa del Mar. Our group utilized both meeting rooms and had plenty of space for over 90 people. I like the idea of two swimming pools and the BBQ area. This is a non-smoking location & I'm a smoker. I brought my own ashtray & smoked on the balcony. It was there on the balcony that I would wind down and enjoy the view of the Gulf of Mexico. I wish there had been a door bell, it was hard to hear a door knock while on the balcony. I do not have a cell phone, so I relied on the phone in the suite. Just wish it had been cordless or had a longer cord so that I could have used it out on the balcony. The Casa del Mar is presently undergoing renovations. I stayed in the section where the ground level (parking area) was being repainted. The work crew did not start 'til after 8 am & stopped between 5-6 pm daily. Only inconvenience I encountered was that I could not access the covered parking area. There was plenty of other parking spaces available. The staff was very friendly & was able to answers to all my questions. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Tammie J
Ruislip, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Ideal place right on the gulf coast which can accommodate large family groups, ideal if your heading out of Galveston on a cruise ship. Nice friendly staff in a safe location. The pools are also nice and clean.

Room Tip: Like their facebook group and take advantage of the offers
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Garyhamilton
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am the Founder and Convener of an annual ministry Retreat. I have used Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites in Galveston for accommodations for the past several years. The staff (Karen B and Robert at the front desk particularly) have always been professional and have worked to meet every need. The renovations this year were refreshing. I had 40 suites in my block with an average of 3-4 people in each so we had quite a few people. My surveys all convey the same message on accommodations- GREAT PLACE TO STAY, VERY ACCOMODATING, GREAT LOCATION. No complaints from me. These folks consistently do a fantastic job of meeting the needs of the group collectively and the families individually. I've met the GM and Robbie the new sales manager. I look forward to working with them. We'll be back next year! Thanks Casa Del Mar Team!

Room Tip: There is no on-site restaurant or fitness center - thus the low rating in those categories HOWEVER t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bobbi A
Craven Arms, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

On the western end of the town, the Casa Del Mar Suites were great value.
We only stayed for one night but found the room to be of a good standard.
As far as i know, all rooms have a sea view and even though ours was at the farthest point, away from the road and the sea, we still felt it was a "sea view" room. We enjoyed a drink, sitting on our balcony soaking up the Gulf air. Very nice it was too!
The suites have everything you need to cater for your family and i'd have no hesitation in staying there again or recommending them to anyone.
For the money, you'll struggle to find better on Galveston.
Well done guys and see you in 2015!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Highlands, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was the best Hotel (apartment) I have ever stayed it. Every unit has a beach front view and has recently been remodeled so everything is new. The decor in the hotel is so stunning. I love the bunk beds built in the wall and oh my gosh....The bed in the bedroom is so comfortable. Flat screen TV's in living room and bedroom is a plus. Having a kitchen with all the cooking utensil was wonderful. The balcony facing the gulf is great! The kids loved the heated pool. I can't wait to book again. We will be coming back to spend more time this summer. Any one reading this review, I promise, I am a very picky person but this place is worth every penny!

Room Tip: all rooms have a great view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammy M
Rochester
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

The place was filthy, dirty sheets, heating system broke down, took a week to fix, had to call several times, and wouldn't give my deposit back, despite being cleaner than when I got it, LIARS AND CHEATS!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank terrybigstick
tethanks7, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Casa del Mar is made up of 276 individually owned condo suites. The unit referred to in this review is a privately managed unit, not part of the onsite Rental Management Program. The 130 on-site “hotel” program units are professionally managed and follow strict standards and service guidelines including being rated as three diamond by AAA and offering 24/7 on-site service. In this particular case, we encourage you to contact the owner you rented the unit from and ask them to address your concerns. If there was a web-site (such as VRBO) that you rented through, you should ask for their assistance in resolution as well.

As is the case with many condominium properties, guests should consider issues such as this when deciding whether to rent from a private individual or the on site management team. We are sorry if you were disappointed with your experience and encourage all potential guests to compare options when making reservations. Please be assured that the rental program management team takes pride in providing our guests with clean, well appointed and comfortable accommodations as well as friendly, professional service. Testimony of this is evident in the other reviews on our site.