“Love it!”

Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We just love this place. The facility is very nice - comfortable beds, perfect location, friendly staff. It is right on a corner with a traffic light and you can't believe how important this is in Galveston - you practically can't cross the street without a light due to the traffic, and the lights are pretty far apart, so having one right there at the hotel is a MAJOR bonus!!!

Right across 61st street is a Rita's frozen custard, and just a couple of doors past that is a really nice fancy Kroger grocery store. The Tortuga restaurant is very near and it is a great restaurant. So many amenities within walking distance. Geographically, it is the *Ideal* location. You are not in the hub bub touristy part, but you have all of the conveniences.

It's a little confusing - some of the units are rented straight through the owner, and others are managed by the hotel. It is much better to get a "hotel rental" because then they bring you towels and they are VERY generous with the towels. When we left (may 2014) my daughter left some belongings in the bathroom and the maid staff collected them and mailed them to us. Very nice!!!

Our first rental with Casa del Mar was a "by owner" rental and that was very nice, too, it's just that with this form of rental, you don't have maid service - the only difference that I could tell (we've rented both) is the generous towel supply with the "hotel" rooms. Both are great and are the exact same floor plan and furniture and etc.

It really is a great place. All of the units have a balcony with beach views. I doubt that we'll ever stay anywhere else.

Note - two of the beds are cubby-in-the-wall bunks with a suggested weight limit of something like 85 pounds. My adult children simply pulled the mattresses off of the bunk and put them on the floor. It worked great. There is also a pull out sofa bed so each room can sleep 6 with the furniture all moved out of the way.

Room Tip: There are two different types of room, one type has the balcony off of the living room and I *think...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rosemaryknits
tethanks7, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for the review and comments about private rentals versus renting from the Rental Association located on site. We understand there are choices and are glad to know that you were happy with the extra services provided by our on site team! We are here 24/7 to assist our guests and we hope you will come back soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I got a groupon deal and went in for one night with my spouse and two kids.The balcony had great views of gulf and there was a seperate bed room with door a living room with kitchen fridge and utensils.There was a bunk bed also in the hallway so there was enough room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rajesh J
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is currently undergoing renovation. It didn't seem to be a problem except at check-in. We were advised that we could check-in at 4 P.M. but due to the construction, certain rooms were not available. Therefore we had to wait approx. 2 hours until a room was cleaned and prepared for our stay. The only other detraction from our stay is the bedroom window is on the hallway where people enter and exit their rooms. The head of the bed is next to this window, thus making it difficult to sleep when people come and go all hours of the night; or carry on cell phone conversations in the hallway. The hotel is in a great location to the beach and restaurants.
The hotel has two pools, one is heated the other is not. The room has a small kitchen, which made it nice to prepare simple meals, and save money for evening meals at local restaurants.
The balcony door provided a nice view of the beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeeMcCL59
KarenGalveston_Texas, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to report that we are wrapping up our renovation projects this week which will eliminate future issues with late check ins. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ideal location for Galveston island. Not in the middle of all the hub bub, but close enough to enjoy the entire island. Have been visiting Galveston for over 35 years & this was my first stay here. I wish I had known about it years earlier. I was attending a meeting that was held at the Casa del Mar. Our group utilized both meeting rooms and had plenty of space for over 90 people. I like the idea of two swimming pools and the BBQ area. This is a non-smoking location & I'm a smoker. I brought my own ashtray & smoked on the balcony. It was there on the balcony that I would wind down and enjoy the view of the Gulf of Mexico. I wish there had been a door bell, it was hard to hear a door knock while on the balcony. I do not have a cell phone, so I relied on the phone in the suite. Just wish it had been cordless or had a longer cord so that I could have used it out on the balcony. The Casa del Mar is presently undergoing renovations. I stayed in the section where the ground level (parking area) was being repainted. The work crew did not start 'til after 8 am & stopped between 5-6 pm daily. Only inconvenience I encountered was that I could not access the covered parking area. There was plenty of other parking spaces available. The staff was very friendly & was able to answers to all my questions. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Tammie J
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Ideal place right on the gulf coast which can accommodate large family groups, ideal if your heading out of Galveston on a cruise ship. Nice friendly staff in a safe location. The pools are also nice and clean.

Room Tip: Like their facebook group and take advantage of the offers
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Garyhamilton
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am the Founder and Convener of an annual ministry Retreat. I have used Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites in Galveston for accommodations for the past several years. The staff (Karen B and Robert at the front desk particularly) have always been professional and have worked to meet every need. The renovations this year were refreshing. I had 40 suites in my block with an average of 3-4 people in each so we had quite a few people. My surveys all convey the same message on accommodations- GREAT PLACE TO STAY, VERY ACCOMODATING, GREAT LOCATION. No complaints from me. These folks consistently do a fantastic job of meeting the needs of the group collectively and the families individually. I've met the GM and Robbie the new sales manager. I look forward to working with them. We'll be back next year! Thanks Casa Del Mar Team!

Room Tip: There is no on-site restaurant or fitness center - thus the low rating in those categories HOWEVER t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bobbi A
Reviewed 14 April 2014

On the western end of the town, the Casa Del Mar Suites were great value.
We only stayed for one night but found the room to be of a good standard.
As far as i know, all rooms have a sea view and even though ours was at the farthest point, away from the road and the sea, we still felt it was a "sea view" room. We enjoyed a drink, sitting on our balcony soaking up the Gulf air. Very nice it was too!
The suites have everything you need to cater for your family and i'd have no hesitation in staying there again or recommending them to anyone.
For the money, you'll struggle to find better on Galveston.
Well done guys and see you in 2015!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple