We just love this place. The facility is very nice - comfortable beds, perfect location, friendly staff. It is right on a corner with a traffic light and you can't believe how important this is in Galveston - you practically can't cross the street without a light due to the traffic, and the lights are pretty far apart, so having one right there at the hotel is a MAJOR bonus!!!
Right across 61st street is a Rita's frozen custard, and just a couple of doors past that is a really nice fancy Kroger grocery store. The Tortuga restaurant is very near and it is a great restaurant. So many amenities within walking distance. Geographically, it is the *Ideal* location. You are not in the hub bub touristy part, but you have all of the conveniences.
It's a little confusing - some of the units are rented straight through the owner, and others are managed by the hotel. It is much better to get a "hotel rental" because then they bring you towels and they are VERY generous with the towels. When we left (may 2014) my daughter left some belongings in the bathroom and the maid staff collected them and mailed them to us. Very nice!!!
Our first rental with Casa del Mar was a "by owner" rental and that was very nice, too, it's just that with this form of rental, you don't have maid service - the only difference that I could tell (we've rented both) is the generous towel supply with the "hotel" rooms. Both are great and are the exact same floor plan and furniture and etc.
It really is a great place. All of the units have a balcony with beach views. I doubt that we'll ever stay anywhere else.
Note - two of the beds are cubby-in-the-wall bunks with a suggested weight limit of something like 85 pounds. My adult children simply pulled the mattresses off of the bunk and put them on the floor. It worked great. There is also a pull out sofa bed so each room can sleep 6 with the furniture all moved out of the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted Best Condo Rental on the Island! Our on site Galveston team personally handles your reservation when you book direct. We guarantee the best service, rates & packages! Casa del Mar Beachfront Suites - always a super value; ideal for a family vacation or a weekend getaway for two. When you’re looking for the ideal lodging choice, why stay in an ordinary hotel when you can have all the comforts of home in a beachfront suite ? Casa del Mar Beachfront Suites are a super value, ideal for a family vacation or a weekend getaway for two. Each fully furnished suite offers a private balcony for you to relax and enjoy the view as well as a small living area with a newly remodeled studio kitchen. There is a small private bedroom with a queen size bed and in the living area, a queen sofa sleeper and a set of Junior bunks designed for small children under the age of 10. We have two tropical pools (one seasonally heated), a trellised Bar-B-Que area, laundry facilities and Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all suites and throughout the property. Our beautifully landscaped property also features conference and catering facilities ideal for family reunions, small groups and corporate retreats. Casa del Mar is conveniently located right on the Seawall beachfront, central to all of the Island's great restaurants, shopping and favorite attractions. Relax by the pool, take a sunset stroll on the beach or enjoy Galveston's rich Island history. Casa del Mar and Galveston Island offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Beachfront Hotel Galveston
- Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites Galveston